Chapter Eleven>>

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."

― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Chapter Eleven>>

Getting ready for the game didn't take very long and I was soon out on the field with everyone else wondering what genetic mutation the other team had stolen from a lab.

"Who or what is that thing?" Coach questioned flopping down on the bench next to Stiles and I. Coach wanted to make sure that I didn't hurt so he wasn't putting me in until the second half. But at the rate this game was going, I would be on the field sooner than we thought.

"Eddie Obomowitz, Coach. They call him 'The Abomination.'" I snorted.

Apparently coach was thinking the same thing. "That's cute."

Another kid from our team got hit. I winced as they hit the ground. "That's going to leave a mark."

I felt Stiles hold my hand. "I'm glad you aren't out there."

"Pfft. Please, I could take that roidhead down with my pinkie."

Stiles gave me a look. I rolled my eyes. "Of course not with Papa Argent here but any other time I would be pummeling his ass."

As Stiles was spitting out his comeback, the hair on the back of my neck prickled; something was wrong and I had a good feeling it had to do with Lydia.

Stiles must have noticed my new demeanor. "Jenna? What's wrong?"

"Felmore! Ass on the field!" I stood up, the anxiety pulsing in my stomach.

"Stiles there's something wrong with Lydia. I don't think she's in danger but something is wrong, she's upset. Find her."

He rose his eyebrows. "How am I supposed to find her?"

"Just find her." I growled at him before charging out on the field. My nerves still on the edge.

First thing that happened as I ran onto the field. That asshole charged at me! I side stepped him before he got any closer and tripped him. His whole weight crashing down to the ground.

Bending down I whispered: "You might just want to stay down there. I'm not in the mood for you hurting my teammates."

It came out a low raspy growl, I knew I had to get myself under control.

Stepping back, I forced a deep breath through my lung. Calming things, calming things.

Gramma, Pops, the meadow, rose baths, Stiles's laugh, his heartbeat, his fingers running through my hair.

"You good now?" Scott questioned shaking my shoulders, I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be okay. Stiles went to check on Lydia and get the book."

"Lydia?" Scott's confused puppy dog face.

I shook my head motioning to my stomach. "I don't know, something just told me that she was upset."

The confusion never left his face but the ref's whistle blowing brought us out of it.

I ran to my spot on the field waiting for Scott to get the ball and pass it to me.

_X_

It was the end of the game and Stiles wasn't back yet. My bad feeling never went away, Grandpa Argent took Scott, and I can't find my potential boyfriend. What is the world coming to?

Come on Jenna, remember all the online games you played, how would you normally find a missing person. Come on, come on....Think!

Their scent!