Kabanata 16 - Ye Olde Paradise: And thus, the plot begins to unravel.

Imagine a breathtaking villa nestled along the pristine coastline, where sun-drenched mornings, rustling palm trees, and the gentle lapping of ocean waves against the shore greet you every day. I couldn't believe this place existed. Hindi binanggit sa akin ni Professor Gil na isang mala-acropolis ang pinuntahan namin. I remembered that we entered a giant gate last night, but I just noticed and found out that there was something written on the arch gate. It was the name of this place: Ye Olde Paradise.

Sa loob ng property, sasalubong 'agad ang magandang pool. Kapansin-pansin din ang mga nakaayos na mga lounge chair sa paligid ng pool. Sa kabilang side, may mga matataas na palm trees. Ang sarap nilang panoorin dahil umiindayog sila sa hangin. It felt good to see trees everywhere because they provide a natural canopy of shade and add a touch of tropical charm to the villa's outdoor space.

Hindi kalayuan sa grandeur ay mayroong nakatayong dalawang cottage na sasalubong bago marating ang front house. The overall interior of the house had a combination of smooth concrete walls and wide glass windows, which allowed natural light to flood inside and offered stunning views of the surroundings. Nadaanan ko rin kanina ang dining area at saka living space ng bahay. There was a staircase with intricately wrought iron railings that led to the second floor, where the four bedrooms were located. Ngunit para sa akin, ang focal point ng bahay ay ang balcony that extended from the corridor, kung saan ako nakatayo ngayon at ini-enjoy ang view na nakikita ko.

I got startled when I heard a door open in one of the rooms. Mabilis akong tumalikod para alamin kung sino ang lumabas.

"You scared me when I saw you weren't in your bed. I thought you were gone."

A gentle smile automatically appeared on my lips upon seeing her. "Good morning po," I greeted, smiling. "You wouldn't wish me gone just yet, would you?" Pabiro kong sabi habang nakangiti pa rin.

Napansin kong nakaayos na siya. Her long hair was all brushed, and half of it was tucked behind her ears, and the other half was framing her face. Hindi na rin siya nakasuot ng pantulog, hindi 'tulad ko na naka-pajama pa rin hanggang ngayon.

Huminto siya sa tabi ko at saka dumungaw sa balkon. Sobrang lapit niya sa akin at kitang-kita ko ang bawat hibla ng buhok niya.

"Let Cerise's birthday pass before you decide to disappear. She will be sad if you are not here on her birthday."

Napanguso ako. "It's not like I have plans to disappear. I'm actually enjoying it here. Ang ganda dito."

She hummed softly. "I'm glad you are enjoying yourself so far. "

She was looking at the faraway scenery. Meanwhile, I was intimately enjoying the view that was presented right in front of me. Bigla akong na-curious kung paano niya nalaman ang lugar na ito at kung nakapunta na ba siya rito.

"Professor Gil—"

"What did I say about titles?" She looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

I bit my lower lip at the realization. "Sorry. Slip of the tongue."

Memories of last night suddenly flashed in my head. Oo nga pala. We already discussed the titles or names that we preferred to use for each other, and we had a mutual understanding and respect for our preferences regarding formality.

I subtly smiled, remembering what happened last night.

"Just so you know, I won't mind if you discard the formalities and address me by my name when we're not in school."

I stayed calm. Pero sa loob-loob ko hindi ako makapaniwala sa naririnig mula sa kaniya.

"Are you sure, professor? Hindi kaya disrespectful and rude pakinggan 'pag tatawagin kita sa pangalan mo?"