Poe Cup Race
(not proofread)

Scarlett and Wednesday snuck back into the goth girl's dorm, seeing Enid crying hysterically on her bed, banging her fists against the mattress. As soon as they opened the window, the blonde turned around, looking at the two girls, angrily with tears in her eyes.

"Where have you been?" She asked in a demanding tone, growling loudly at them. "I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko's in the infirmary!" Scarlett's eyes widened, quickly rushing over to stop her best friend from pacing frantically, and just held her in her arms. Enid buried her face in the taller girl's chest, wiping her tears.

"What happened?" Wednesday asked quickly, setting her things down on her side of the room.

"Garlic bread incident at dinner." Scarlett looked down at Enid.

"Oh god." The vampire groaned, feeling bad for her roommate, she'll have to check in on her.

"Yeah, she had a major allergic reaction." Enid continued, still rushing out her words as she clung to Scarlett tightly, her hands grasping at the fabric of her sweater. "She's out of the Poe Cup, and I don't have a co-pilot."

"It wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it." Wednesday blurted out.

"How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter." Wednesday shut Enid's question down, glancing up through her bangs. "You and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

"And me, as well." Scarlett inserted herself into the conversation, earning a nod from Enid and a look from Wednesday.

"Wait." Enid paused, looking at the goth girl. "You're joining the Black Cats? You're willing to do that?" Enid took a step forward with a grateful look in her eye, while Wednesday took a step back, she hated emotional gestures. "For me?" Scarlett looked at Wednesday, raising a brow to repeat Enid's question silently.

Wednesday glanced back and forth between the two girls. "I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat." She growled darkly, her dark eyes looking at the two girls who stared at Wednesday.

Enid chose to ignore that statement, tilting her head with doe eyes filled with innocence. "Yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?"

Wednesday didn't say anything until Scarlett gave her a knowing look. "Yes." Wednesday sighed defeatedly, it was a quiet 'yes', only the girls heard it and Enid didn't have time to get excited before the goth girl began talking again. "Tell me how she keeps winning."

"It's a real brain cramp." Enid expressed, wrapping her arms around Scarlett's waist, resting her chin on the taller girl's chest. "The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."

"Sounds like sabotage." Wednesday muttered with her back turned on the two.

"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water." Scarlett added with a roll of her eyes, rubbing Enid's back, glad that her werewolf friend had calmed down.

"Then we just need to beat her at her own game." Wednesday looked over her shoulder, giving them a dark look on her face. Scarlett could almost hear the excitement in her tone.

——

"We're all set." Enid whispered to Scarlett and Wednesday as the two of them approached the bubbly girl who sat waiting for them.