11

Gaze at me softly

Scarlett was jolted awake in her sleep as she remembered the nightmare. Her whole face was covered in sweat as she felt so hot. She pushed the covers off of her, walking out of her dorm quietly when she noticed Yoko sleeping peacefully in her own bed. She made sure to grab her flannel before leaving.

The memories of her family replayed in her head over and over again as she leaned against the wall outside. She stared up at the cloudy night sky with teary eyes as she sniffled, wiping her nose against the sleeve of her hoodie.

"Scarlett?" The vampire's head snapped in the direction of the voice seeing Wednesday there. She was a little surprised at how soft her voice was and she quickly wiped the tears in her eyes, looking away. Wednesday furrowed her eyebrows, walking over slowly as she looked down, hesitantly hooking her pinky with Scarlett's. "Talk to me."

Scarlett was still surprised Wednesday was being this soft and when she turned her head she noticed how soft the goth girl's eyes were, with a hint of emotion in them as well. "Just- a nightmare." Wednesday nodded, she wasn't really good at comforting, example was the night with Enid crying but for Scarlett, she'd do anything. Carefully, she sat on the bench nearby, pulling Scarlett with her as she pulled the vampire on her lap. Scarlett tensed up at first in shock but soon relaxed when Wednesday rubbed her back. Scarlett didn't know why but she let her guard down, crying quietly in the goth girl's shoulder as Wednesday held her close, occasionally rocking her silently as she let Scarlett let it all out.

They stayed like that for several minutes till Wednesday placed both of her cold hands on Scarlett's warm cheeks, pulling her head out of her chest as she looked at her with soft, loving eyes. A sight Scarlett could immediately get lost in. Wednesday felt her heart beating out of her chest as she slowly pulled down Scarlett to meet her halfway into a soft, slow kiss. Their lips connecting for the first time, feeling like a million butterflies were flying around in both their stomachs. Scarlett smiled into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around her neck, while Wednesday's hands trailed from her cheeks to her hips, holding her in place as they kissed.

The kiss lasted longer than a few seconds, and it felt like time stopped for them, allowing them to fall into each other's arms and kiss away their problems. Wednesday was the first to pull away, inhaling deeply after feeling breathless from the amazing kiss they shared. Scarlett was the first to ever witness a small smile ever take place on Wednesday's lips as she stared up at her with love.

"Wends..." The vampire whispered as she smiled back at her, Wednesday didn't let her really talk that much since she brought her hand around her neck to pull her down for another earth shattering kiss. A content sigh escaped through Scarlett's nose as Wednesday did so, kissing back softly while she felt the goth girl's hands caressing her hips gently through her sweats. "Wow." A slight chuckle escaped her lips as she whispered those words with closed eyes when she pulled away first this time, missing the look of adoration and love Wednesday was looking up at her with. "Did Wednesday Addams just kiss me?"

"Yes, now shut up and kiss me again." Wednesday shook her head as Scarlett giggled, smiling widely down at the black-haired girl as her hands cupped her face, pulling her halfway up for another kiss. The night clouds rolled away to reveal the bright stars shining over them as they stole kisses with each other, exploring this new side of Wednesday Addams got Scarlett all giddy and weak in the knees for this girl.

Wednesday took Scarlett by surprise when she suddenly stood up, carrying her quickly to her dorm since Enid was dead asleep and she won't hear anything, Wednesday laid Scarlett on the bed, crawling in next to her as she threw her arm over her waist, pulling her close as the vampire rested her head on her chest. "Stay tonight. Please." The way Wednesday said that it wasn't like she was demanding or anything, her voice was soft and filled with an unknown desperation to have the vampire close to her at all times. Scarlett nodded softly, leaning up to kiss the tip of her jaw before nuzzling back into her chest. Wednesday pull the covers up further over them as she leaned her head back on the pillow, already hearing the cute snores that left Scarlett's mouth that made her smile genuinely for once.

What is this girl doing to me...

She signed contently, although she couldn't figure out why, she felt attached to Scarlett. This girl has changed her life for the better and now she's never wanting to let her go. Even if it means showing a side of her she's never shown anyone, she'd do anything. Anything, to be with Scarlett.

I can't quite put my tongue on what it is about this girl, but maybe love is real. Maybe I will end up like my parents in that way... and honestly... I have no problem with that if my heart now belongs to Scarlett Bloodrose...

——————————
A/N:
THEY KISSED! LETS GO! 🥺

who else loves Wednesday's inner monologue???