1

The new girl

Scarlett Bloodrose roamed the halls of Nevermore, the strings of her leather jacket dangling over her wrists. The rain pouring over her long curly hair, her eye shadow making her more intimidating. A few people scattered out of her way as she gave a nod to her roommate Yoko.

She tilted her head as she ran her fingers along the wall of the halls, nearing her destination as she walked. Her boots stomped against the concrete, attracting attention from almost everyone in the quad. Her mission: find Enid.

Enid Sinclair tucked her hands behind her back as she walked the new girl, Wednesday Addams, through the school. "Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favorite marginalized group here."

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch." Wednesday said bluntly with an emotionless tone in her voice, Enid stopped in front of the trophy case, Wednesday giving the blonde her classic blank stare. "I don't plan on staying here for long."

"Why not?" The blonde couldn't help but be curious, tilting her head a little.

"This was my parents' idea. Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me." Wednesday pointed out blankly as she glanced at the picture of her mother when she was younger in a fencing photo. "They've been looking for any excuse to send me here. It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." The black-haired girl explained and Enid grinned widely.

"What plan?"

"To turn me into a version of themselves." Enid's smile faltered a bit as she led Wednesday off again.

"Well in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." The blonde walked off and Wednesday followed, gazing ahead, glancing at Enid as she talked with her blank stare. "Rumors been swirling around that you killed a kid at your school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off."

"Actually it was two kids, but who's counting?"

——

Scarlett let her sunglasses rest perfectly perched on the bridge of her nose, leaning against the wall near the quad as she crossed her arms. She noticed her favorite blonde girl step in the quad with open arms and a smile, with an unknown girl beside her. She looked pale but beautiful with her black pigtails and her all black dress. Her face was emotionless but her features really stuck out to Scarlett.

"Welcome to the quad." Enid exclaimed, walking out with Wednesday as she glanced around, the black-haired girl doing the same.

"It's a pentagon." Wednesday deadpanned as she stated at it for a moment.

"That's what I said." A raspy but honey like voice spoke from behind as Enid jumped back, smiling at her best friend while Wednesday turned to stare at the girl blankly. She had curly hair with the most beautiful, smooth light skin, her hands perfectly rested on her hips as her punk rings stood out. Wednesday stared a little longer, eyeing the brunette up and down before Enid cleared her throat.

"Wednesday, this is my best friend, Scarlett."

"How ya doin'?" Scarlett smiled at her, nodding softly as Wednesday stared, making her chuckle softly.

"Well I'm alive and stuck in this hellscape so I'm doing just peachy." Again with the Addam's girl bluntness that made Scarlett a bit surprised but she waved it off with a smile as Enid started talking again.

"The whole snarky goth girl thing might have worked at normie school, but here things are different. Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." Enid smiled as she started walking through the hall, hooking her arm through Scarlett's while Wednesday followed, glancing at the brunette again.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent cliches."

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Scarlett nudged the blonde with a raised eyebrow to which Enid smiled sheepishly at before continuing. "There are many flavors of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales."

"This are the fangs, AKA vampires. Like me." Scarlett smirked, letting her fangs pop out as she adjusted her sunglasses, giving her vampire friends a wave. Wednesday seemed more intrigued with this girl but she shrugged it off with a blank expression. "Some of them have literally been here for decades. I, for one, am a fledging. I'm around your age, luckily."

"So you're a stereotypical vampire? Drinking blood and all that?" Wednesday snapped her head towards Scarlett who shrugged her shoulders.

"I do drink blood but I'm also a big fan of human food." The brunette pointed out as Wednesday slightly rolled her eyes, turning her attention to Enid who began walking again.

"That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me." The werewolves started howling as Scarlett snarled a bit in annoyance at those terrible howls she's stuck hearing. "Full moons get pretty loud around here. That's when Furs like wolf out. I suggest you pick up noise-canceling headphones."

"I'm assuming scales are sirens?" Wednesday asked, staring directly at the sirens who sat on the edge of the fountain in the middle of the quad. Scarlett leaned against the pillar with a small sigh.

"You catch on quick. And that girl, Bianca Barclay, is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty."

"Yeah but she's a stuck up bitch." Scarlett muttered and both girls looked at her, Enid snickering a little while Wednesday eyes her up and down again, a little wary. "All though... her crown has been slipping lately." She chuckled, making eye contact with Bianca and flipping her off, earning a glare in response.

"She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe. But they broke up at the beginning of the semester. Reason: unknown." Enid muttered, an intrigued and amused tone in her voice.

"Fascinating." Wednesday muttered sarcastically which made Scarlett chuckle under her breath.

"I know, right?" The blonde exclaimed and Scarlett patted her shoulder, saluting Wednesday with a smile.

"I'll be off ladies." She announced, Enid smiling warmly at her as Wednesday watched her walk off intently.

"And what about her?"

"Who? Scarlett?" Enid glanced back as the girl taunted a few people who shuffled away from her as she roamed the halls. "Scarlett Bloodrose. Our most popular and feared vampire. Rumors spread about her having the highest body count from all the other Fangs, but she's literally an extremely sweet person."

"Hm... interesting." Wednesday watched Scarlett, her mind running as she felt weird, maybe it was the flu but it only happened when she looked or heard Scarlett... it made her sick, and not in the good way. But somehow it felt good as well.

Wednesday Addams was utterly confused deep inside her brain as Enid continued to talk.

——————————
A/N:
Fun fact: my comfort show is Bluey
Don't ask me why it just is...

Anyway, here's the first chapter! I was so excited to post this guys. But her it is, now, what should their ship name be?