Prologue

Anxiety

Everyone has feelings of anxiety at some point in their life—a feeling of uneasiness, worry or fear. Such was the case with doctor Kim Taehyung for past few weeks.

An uneasiness to accept the reality, worrying about his own emotions and fear of losing it all. He glowed in his white silk dress suit, sunlight embracing his almond eyes, and honey toned skin.

But—he struggled to breathe

Is it because of the choker around his neck?
Is it due to the tight fitting for his shirt?
He couldn't understand, but he wished to believe that to be the reason, for he knew it's his anxiety that's really causing this breathlessness.

"Taehyung-ah, everyone is waiting for you. We need to leave now." A soothing voice briefly calmed Taehyung's restless soul. "Taetae? Are you okay? Why are you sweating so much? Tae please try to breathe for me, please try to—."

"I can't Jimin-ah, I just can't. This is one of the worst decisions I ever made in my life. Well it was not exactly my decision but I didn't have a choice. I just agreed to this only for my father. I feel like I am losing a part of me."

"Tae, we already talked about it. You had a choice yet you agreed to marry him and now it's happening." Jimin hugged his best friend circling his palm on the other's back to calm him down.

"I don't love him. I don't know if I can ever love him. He is so immature and such a brat. I hate unwanted attention and he is the ultimate source of all the public attention. We have extremely opposite personalities. How do you say I can live with him hereafter?" Tears welled up in Taehyung as his anxiety grew stronger.

"At least you both are not strangers. I am sure you guys can work it out. Give him a chance Tae, there are millions of people who love him for who he is, so just give him some time and get to know each other."

"Yes, we are not strangers but only a mere acquaintances. I only know his father, the one I have been seeing as a father figure for the past 10 years."

"I know Tae, I want you to be happy but it's too late to run away. Please do it for his father Tae, we have to go now. We can't keep the guests wait any longer, come on doctor Kim." Jimin cling his hand around Taehyung's arm, leading him to the door.

Taehyung walked through the flower carpet, eyes blurring the moment he saw the crowded guests, with media reporters and cameras, their whispers deafening his ears, almost numbing his limbs as he walks towards the man waiting at the altar.

'Jeon Jungkook—the global sensation, the world renowned K-pop idol, the one who has captured millions' love and affection—my groom, who is going to be my husband soon, with whom I should spend rest of my life, for whom I sacrificed my dreams and feelings, who I would never fall in love with.'