12. Meeting the Ladies

Author's Pov.

Draupadi, Subhadra, Supriya and Vrushali led Vasushikha out of the Yagna and took her to their grand dressing area, to get her dressed for the official introduction.

This time just outside the dressing area there was a kind of guest Hall right outside it where all the women from different Royal families would take a seat and wait to meet the new princess.

It was instructioned that the princess is suppose to meet the women first and then will be introduced to the men including her brothers, so the women were suppose to stay in the same room.

Vasushikha was given a very heavy herbal bath which was not only conducted by her mothers but also by the several Dasis of the palace.

After what felt like hours, Vasushikha was finally led out of the bath and made to sit on a stool from where she can easily choose her outfit.

Vasushikha was pretty exhausted by the entire Yagna and pooja ceremony and most of all extremely hungry, so she decided to wear something light to prevent straining her tired body.

Vasushikha also had to meet her brothers and Father officially with whome she wasn't able to talk or spend time properly since she came to Dwaperyuga.

So she wanted to be a little thoughtful and to at least look like the daughter of Suryaputra, she wanted to opt for something bright and yellow.

So she decided to wear a bright plain yellow saree with no pattern paired with a darker yellow blouse which had some diamonds embedded on the brim.

Her Lakshmi feet were decorated with a gold anklet, Which extended as a ring towards her second toe. The pomegranate juice was rubbed off and then They were then painted with Alta.

Her upper arm had a light but well designed gold armlet which rested elegently, her wrists left bare except for a wrist bracelet attached with a ring that extended to her middle finger.

Her hair dried and left open with only a single light head jewellery left to adorn it elegently along with a single white lilly tucked behind her ear.

Her neck adorned with three different light later of gold and diamond necklace which was forced on by her beloved Yadhavi Maa.

Gold jhumkas dangled down her ear gently brushing against her neck and a small nosepin rested on her nose elegently.

{Picture for better reference}

She then walked out of the beautiful dressing chamber into a waiting Hall where all the Royal women sat chatting and laughing.

All the eyes darted towards Vasushikha as she gave them a polite smile which was returned by the other women and girls.

She observed that the ladies that sat there wearing the colour white and cream ranged from ages 55-80 while the women who were dressed in bright poppy colours ranged from ages 20-50 whereas the women who were dressed in pastel and girly colours ranged from ages 8-19 (younger than this age group wasn't allowed to travel long distance)