11. The Adoption Ceremony

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ᴘᴏᴠ.

Lots of questions were asked by several people regarding the dressing of Draupadi but she skillfully ignored them.

Shavyani looked around the entire area with pure wonder, there was so much happening in the palace.

Everything was decorated in pure gold and flower petals were spread out all over the floor, providing the room a sweet scent.

Draupadi, Subhadra, Vrushali and Supriya led her to a particular hallway which was more decorated as in comparison to the others.

The room had huge Shandeliers hanging with the help of ropes and tied to the lage and well engraved pillers.

The room had long pure silk made red curtain, gold Diya lamps placed between each pillers, the floor covered with flower petals.

Several men and women stood dressed in brown and cream coloued dresses representing that they were the Das and Dasis.

{Picture for better reference}

The Hallway led to a large open space which had a large podium in the centre where several sages sat, a large Yagna fire burned in the middle.

The podium was surrounded with water where there were several flowers floating along with diyas placed along the brim.

Lots of pooja samagri kept around the fire, many fruites, wheat, barley, rice bags kelp at the corner along with a huge bag filled with gold coins.

The large podium was decorated with several scented flowers, and the room freshner things placed at each corner.

Many common people sat on the covered floor behind the podium, they were pretty dressed up. There were two large floor coveres that Saperated the women and men, the child could sit with any of their parents.

Right of the podium, there was a large marble slab which was covered with red silk on which sat around 5 Eunuchs sat playing instruments.

Instruments like Bansuri, Mridangam, Tabla, Veena and Kanjeera. Each instrument had the names of their respective Eunuchs on them.

The names of the Eunuchs were engraved deeply on the fine shisham wood, The names read, Sundar, Kashi, Padma, Eka and Kamala.

Left of the Podium there stood several women dressed in white and golden dresses dancing and swaying their bodies to the melodious rhythm of the music that played.