(14) FIRST BIRTHDAY

First of everything holds a special place in our heart

First of everything holds a special place in our heart. The first rays of sun feels new each day. The first rain of year thrills us with joy. The first encounter with anything or anyone has a long lasting impression on us.

I was to going to welcome a special day of my life for the first time, and that was my first birthday. My brothers had made me ready for my day, all beautifully.

Whole Dwarka was decked up delightfully for my birthday. My parents were busy in looking after arrangements, and I was under my brothers' care as usual.

I was feeling a tint of sadness in my heart. The reason of my sadness was I had grown up one year older. I didn't know the struggles of growing up till then, but I had noticed the children of maids around me.

The grown up children had to walk on their own. None took them in arms. They had to eat by themselves. None fed them, and I had heard them being scolded due to their mistakes. I was sad thinking about those incidents.

"Why my Gudiya is looking sad? Today's your birthday. You are the center of attraction, and you will receive lots of gift even," I couldn't reply dau anything, because I hadn't started talking.

I just kept looking at him with a mild sad look.

"Is there anything do you want?" Dau started to figure out my dullness. I nodded at him, negatively.

"Are you feeling uncomfortable with your dress or dressing stuff?" I again nodded at him, negatively making him concerned.

"Kanha! Kanha! Come here, immediately," dau called out for bhratashri who was checking over decorations outside of our chamber.

Dau used to call bhratashri each time when he couldn't understand anything about me. After all, his Kanha could see beyond eyes, and could feel beyond hearts.

"At your service, Dau!" Bhratashri bowed to dau, dramatically.

"Side your dramatic self for a second, Kanha. Gudiya is sad for some reason. I have checked out on possible causes, but couldn't find out anything," for a moment dau looked at bhratashri to recognize his presence. Then he shifted eyes back on me.

"She's sad for being growing older, Dau!" Revealing the matter bhratashri explained my thoughts to dau.

"Gudiya, you will always be pampered by us, by family. Your age can't make our love less for you. Some advantages won't be available for you like being in arms, ridding on our backs, but our love for you will always be the same," without making any delay dau started to console me, but his words couldn't make me smile.

My mind was stuck with those advantages which wouldn't be available for me after a certain age. I just wanted those to remain available for me always.

"Sorry, our love for you will increase along with your age," dau tried once more, but didn't get my smile.

"You hardly can convince anyone, Dau. Let me solve this issue," bhratashri settled his attire and hairs as if he was about proceed ahead on an important mission

"Gudiya, time changes. It meant to change, but changes don't have any control over true love. We love each other truly, right? Please, don't be sad," dau couldn't hold his patience till bhratashri could get done with his actions, and resumed his attempt of consoling me.

Bhratashri patted on dau's shoulder, and gestured an restless dau to allow him for playing his role in consoling me.

"Gudiya, being child is nothing except your inner thoughts. In short, you won't grow older untill you grab the thoughts of being older," I looked at bhratashri with keen eyes.

I didn't grow up that much to understand his philosophical words. I could only understand simple talking, not tough words.

"You will live the life you love to think about. Gudiya gets everything she wishes, right? So, if you don't want to grow up you won't," I smiled hearing his last two sentences.

Yes, I got everything I wished. So, at that moment the gist I extracted from bhratashri's words was I wouldn't be older without my wish. That brought instat relief to me.

"Finally, you are fully ready to join the celebration," along with me dau also felt relaxed after watching me smiling making the worthy day of mine worthier.

With smiling faces we siblings shared group hug, our most favourite moment making the day of merrymaking merrier than before.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏