(12) ANNAPRASHAN

Baby Subhadra as a narrator:

After my birth each day was feeling like my day. Each day was special with the solace of my life, the love and pamper of my family, especially my brothers. Their company was cheering me the most even though I had some complains about this phrase of my life.

The complains were I couldn't able to do anything except crying, cooing and moving my eyes, hands and legs. My activities were limited which I didn't like. On the top of that I had been drinking only milk till now, but this complain was about to go away in few moments.

Because it is my Annaprashan today.

Today, I will get to taste many sweet dishes. I am excited for the ceremony. I am fully ready, and waiting for dau to come for calling me and bhratashri who is giving me company for now.

"You are seeming excited for Annaprashan, aren't you?" Bhratashri held my hand, and shook it lovingly. I smiled at him.

"I was also excited for my Annaprashan like you. The first experience of tasting something made by Yashoda maiya was heavenly," the reminiscence of old days was visible on his face.

Generally I didn't like when his attention shifted away from me, but that time I was observing him carefully. My ever cheerful brother was silent for a while. I couldn't understand anything from his silence. So, decided to wait to hear him again.

"Don't worry, Gudiya. I just travelled back to my childhood. Now, I am back to give you attention," he looked at me again.

He was strolling in our chamber carrying me in arms. After a short he sat down, and started to settle his hairs. His hairs were so thick and curly, but I had little hairs as a new born baby. I too wished hairs like him. So, I cried in a mild voice over that lack of mine.

"Why are you crying, Gudiya? You will also get hairs like me when the time comes," he stood up carrying me in arms yet I was crying.

"You will surely get hairs like me. You have inherited many similarities from me. So, stop crying," I stopped crying, but the crying expression was there on my face.

"All will praise our similarities together. They will say like brother like sister," listening this from him I giggled, instantly.

I was extremely happy imagining others praising me joining my name with him.

"So, is Subhadra happy now?" He asked which made my look a sulky one.

In my Naamkaran ceremony I had got many names like Chitra, Subhadra, Yadavi, Poorna, Satwati, Gopalika, Dwarkaratna, Krishnanuja, but I loved to be called by nick name by my family.

The small yet very common nick name of mine felt so special to me when my family used to address me with that.

"Your sulky look increases your cuteness, Gudiya!" I was about to smile but stopped myself from doing that when I noticed dau.

"Kanha, come with Gudiya. Everyone is waiting for her," Dau was in hurry. So, he didn't notice my expression.

"I knew what you were up to. You wanted dau to scold me, right? Try for the next time," bhratashri smirked, mischievously.

"By the way if I am a good brother then do smile or else everyone will doubt at the goodness of your brother," my brothers were the best brothers. So, how could I let anyone comment about them wrongly? I changed my mood, and smiled at him.

We reached at the arena of function. Rituals started, and everyone fed me kheer followed by some other desserts.

At the end it was my brothers' turn. They were waiting to feed me my favourite dessert, Mohan bhog. After tasting that I forgot the rest of the desserts I had tasted before.

The special day of mine ended mesmerising me with the taste of Mohan bhog.

So readers, here's the first part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏