Medication

L I S A

I stare down my medicine from my hands with a disgust look, one thing i hate the most is taking medicine.

But, I need to take it or else my girlfriend will scold the hell out of me. Which is cute but i don't want to stress her out by not taking of this.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and when my family as well Jennie found out about it, they bursts into tears and promised to supports me everyday. They all took me into one of the best doctors in town and now i am here with my girlfriend who promised to my family that she'll take care of me, and i am so happy and thankful that i got oneself a Jennie Kim.

But my stubborn self who's a big enemy of a medicines. I rarely drink my medicines—and was caught and got scolded so many times from my girlfriend.

And so, with a sigh—I gulped it in one go as I drink the water.

"Hey, babe. Have you already drink your medicine?" My girlfriend's voice echoed through the outside of my door.

I smiled widely when I saw her opened my bedroom door then she cutely peeked.

"Yeah, I just did" I replied with a smile as I watched her goes infront of me.

Her eyes looked to my bedside table to see my medicines on it. Then, she looked at me and just simply smiled.

Just like what she always do.

×
×
×
×

I woke up and was greeted with a tons of papers all over to my working table.

I'm currently work from home because I've been taking a medication and my doctor told me that I should stay home for the meantime.

I wiped my eyes and suddenly I stiffened.

I slowly touched my cheeks as I felt warm tears,

"I'm...crying?" I mumbled confusedly.

This is the third time of me crying after sleeping. I'm crying so hard and i can't explain why..

Is it really?

Or I'm just ignoring the truth?

I quickly wiped my eyes and looked at the mirror on my table to see that is time to take my medicine.

I pulled out the first drawer on my table and took out my medicine.

Suddenly, my eyes started to water again and now im crying hardly as I felt my heart being clenched so hard that it felt like i lost someone.

With trembling hands, i took the medicine and gulped it in one go.

and as if its a cue, I heard my girlfriend's voice once again.

"Hey babe, have you already drink your medicine?" Her sweet voice echoed through the room as she goes infront of me.

But before she could approached me, i hastily wiped my tears away and flashes her my toothy smile.

"Yes babe, i just did" I replied with a smile.

She looked at the medicines splattered around my table then looked at me with a sad smile.

"baby? whats wron—"

"Lisa.."

"...You're not taking any of it..."

My smile dropped.

"huh? b-baby, i just did. Believ—"

"Lisa, please put yourself first. You're  clearly not taking it..."

I just smiled at her with tears uncontrollably falling down to my cheeks.

"I can't, Jen. Its the only way I can keep you around"

Jennie died in a car crash three days ago after she texted me,

"hey babe, have you already drink your medicine?"

×
×
×
×

End