Chapter 9

Vritika came down the stairs as her friends helped her come down. As she was taking each step she was feeling anxious. She didn't even know who she was going to spend her whole life with. Her head was down, while Vivaan was lost in her. He couldn't take his eyes off her. Veer noticed it, and came closer to him. He shut his mouth.

"Bhai.. muh band kar lo.. makkhi ghus jaaygi!"
(Bro.. close your mouth.. or flies will get in!)

Vivaan didn't pay heed to his words while he moved towards her. She stopped just before him, He forwarded his hand for her to come on the stage, while that was the first time Vritika looked at him directly. As the brown orbs met his hazel green eyes, his heart started beating faster. Vritika placed her hand on his and came on the stage just beside him. Vivaan was still lost in her as he was continuously looking at her. Both the moms made their kids sit on the sofa. As Swarna put the chunni around Vritika, they both again looked at each other. Vivaan's heartbeat was fast.

(Vritika ☝️☝️)

(Vritika ☝️☝️)

Their mom came with the engagement rings, Swarna gave the ring to Vivaan, as he made her wear that he felt a shiver run through his body. As Aisha gave her the ring, she made him wear it. Vritika was now too much into the thoughts of Ahaan. She was so engrossed that she didn't want to sit there. Before she knew she was engaged to Vivaan. She looked at Vivaan and was questioning her fate while Veer came in between.

"Ah ha bhabi! Thoda toh ruk jaaiye! Mujhe pata hai ki aap dono aaj hi mile ho pehli baar but phir bhi itna utaavla mat hoiye.. woh aap hi ke pati hoenge baadme!"
(Ah haa sister in law! Wait for some time! I know you both have met today but don't get so desperate.. he's gonna be your husband only!)

Veer said while Vivaan sighed and twisted his ear making him moan.

"Aahh! Bhaii!"
(Aahh!! Broo!!)

"Kya? Kyu chirha Raha hai?"
(What? Why are you teasing?)

"Haw bhai.. abhi toh shaadi bhi nahi hui.. abhi se unke side.. very bad!"
(Haw bro... You're not even married... From now on you are taking her side... Very bad)

He nodded in disbelief while veer sat beside Vritika.

"Bhabi! Aap unko choro! Mujhse miliye.. main hu Veer! Aapka hone wala sabse cute aur sabse pyara devar! Aur handsome bhi!"
(Sister in law! Leave him! You meet me... I am veer.. your cutest and loveliest brother in law.. and a little handsome too!)

Vritika smiled at it while Darsh came in between.

"Oye! Handsome main sabse zyada hun! Didi main zyada handsome hu na?"
(Hey! I am most handsome! Didi.. I am more handsome than him right?)

"Nahi bhabi! Main sabse zyada handsome hun!"
(No sister in law! I am most handsome!)

"Nahi.. di ko pata hai ki unke Bhai se pyara aur koi nahi!"
(No.. sis knows that no one is lovelier than her own brother!)

"Nahi.. main sabse handsome hun!"
(No.. I am the most handsome!)

"Arreeee ruko ruko shaant dono!!"
(Heyy! Stop stop!! Silence!)

They both looked cutely at Vritika as she frowned.

"8 saal ke bacche ho kya? Jo aise lar rhe ho?"
(Are you kids or what? Fighting?)

Vritika said in a grumpy tone while Darsh and Veer put their heads down as they were receiving scolding from their sis.
As Vritika looked at them, she started laughing. Vivaan was feeling so good looking at her laugh. She pinched both of their cheeks and said.

"You know what? Life mein tum dono se zyada cute bhai toh mujhe Milne se rehte!"
(You know what? In this life I have never got such cute bros!)

She hugged both of them and laughed.
Vivaan and Vritika were sitting together without exchanging any words. Vivaan was nervous and Vritika drowned in her thoughts.

"Uhm.. hi.."

With much confidence he greeted, but as Vritika drowned in her thoughts, she didn't reply. Vivaan thought that she was not interested in his talks, so he kept quiet.
.
.
Vritika looked at her palms, it had "Vivaan" written on it. A lone tear fell from her eyes,

"Di.. aap ro rhe ho?"
(Di.. are you crying?)

"Nahi woh main... Aankh mein kuch chala gya tha.."
(No it's just... Something went into my eyes)

"Kuch toh hua hai didi.. jab bhi main yeh sawal puchta hu aapse aapka jawab humesha yehi rehta hai ki.. "nahi toh, sar ka nal khula hua hai na isliye paani beh Raha hai!" Aur Aaj aap kuch aur boli... Kya hua hai didi?"
(Something's wrong didi.. whenever I ask this question to you, you always reply with "no.. it's just the tap on my head is opened so the water is flowing from it!" And now you are saying something different.. what happened didi?)

"Kuch nahi bass.. Ahaan..."
(Nothing.. it's just... Ahaan...)

Tears fell from her eyes while Darsh wiped them off.

"Didi.. jo hua na accha hua.. he didn't deserve you isliye kanha ji ne aapko unse juda kar diya... Aap vivaan Bhai ko ek mauka deke toh dekho.. shayad woh green forest nikle?"
(Didi.. whatever happened was right.. he didn't deserve you which is why Lord Krishna separated you both.. you must give Vivaan bro a chance.. what if he turns out to be a green forest?)

Darsh winked at her and left while Vritika was in deep thought.
.
.
She was sitting on the mandap, where everyone was waiting for the groom's haldi. When it came, everyone started applying it one by one. She looked at her skin which had Vivaan's Haldi touch. It made her realise for one more time that, her destiny had changed, it was Vivaan's name on her fate and not Ahaan's. She looked at Darsh who was signalling her of giving a chance to Vivaan to which she smiled. She knew she could never love anyone else other than Ahaan. Moreover when that other is a stranger like Vivaan.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW
.
So guys what do you all think about this part?
Did you liked Vivaan's response on meeting Vritika for the first time?
Vivaan's being head over heals for Vritika at their first meet!
What do you think about Vivaan and Veer's relationship? They are fun to watch right?
Do let me know in the comments about your views!