Chapter 4

After completing her exam, Vritika, along with her exams went out of the hall.

"Haahh!! Finally!! Exams khatam!! No more tension!"
(Haah!! Finally!! Exams are over!! No more tension!)

Vritika said while throwing her arms into the air while her friends laughed and cheered.
Suddenly Ahaan came and picked her up making Vritika giggle.

"Ahaann!!!"

They both were laughing while her friends were making a video and hooting for them.
Finally Ahaan made Vritika stand.

"So..?"

"So..?"

"Exams khatam finally?"
(Exams are over finally?)

"Khatammmm!!!"
(Overr!!!)

They both expressed their excitement.
Vritika and Ahaan were walking side by side holding their hands. She was blushing while Ahaan was in deep thought which was not unnoticed by her.

"Kya hua Ahaan? Itne pareshan kyu ho?"
(What happened Ahaan? Why so tense?)

"Vritika..."

Ahaan stopped walking and squeezed Vritika's hands. Vritika knew that it was something serious.

"Main tumse sacchi mein bohot mohabbat karta hun! Tum mere liye kya ho! Sirf main hi jaanta hun! Shayad tumhare alawa main kisi aur se kabhi bhi mohabbat nahi kar paaunga!"
(I really love you a lot! Only I know what you mean to me! Maybe I would never be able to love anyone else other than you!)

Ahaan had tears in his eyes.

"Yeh.. yeh achanak yeh sab kyu? Ahaan.. kya hua hai.. batao na.. ro kyu rahe ho?"
(Why.. why.. are you talking about all of these suddenly? Ahaan.. what happened.. tell me... Why are you crying?)

"Vri.. Vritika.. main tumse shaadi karna chahta hu.. tumhare saath zindagi bitana chahta hu... Lekin.."
(Vri..Vritika.. I want to marry you.. I want to spend my whole life with you.. but..)

"Lekin kya Ahaan?"
(But what Ahaan?)

"Vritika... Hum saath nahi reh sakte.."
(Vritika.. we can't stay together..)

"Kyuuu????"
(Whyyyy???)

Vritika asked with confusion, tears now started falling from her eyes.

"Vritika... Meri maa ki tabiyat sahi nahi hai bilkul bhi... Woh hospital mein admitted thi.. Main chance nahi le sakta... Humara pyar unke sehat ke liye sahi nahi hai... Cast ke wajah se.. humare pyar ko koi bhi swikar nahi kar sakta..  I am sorry Vritika.. main mumma ko aur stress nahi de sakta... Mujhe maaf kar do..."
(Vritika.. my mom's not well... She was admitted to hospital... I can't take any risk.. our love will be a threat to her health... Because of cast.. no one will accept our love... I am sorry Vritika... I can't give my mom more stress... Please forgive me...)

"Tum.. tum kehna kya chahte ho Ahaan? Ma..maaf kar do? Sorry?? Tumhara matlab kya hai? Saaf saaf bolo!"
(What.. what are you talking about Ahaan? For...forgive me? Sorry?? What do you mean? Say clearly!)

Now slowly Vritika was raising her voice.

"Yehi.. ki hum abh aur saath nahi reh sakte..."
(This.. that we can't be together anymore...)

Vritika's world just shattered in front of her as she heard those things. She was not able to believe what she heard...

"Hum saath nahi reh sakte Vritika.... Meri aaj engagement hai... Mumma ki pasand ki larki ke saath... I am sorry Vritika.. main unke decision ke khilaaf nahi Jaa sakta..."
(We can't be together Vritika... Today's my engagement.. with someone who's been chosen by my mom... I am sorry Vritika... I can't go against her decisions!)

Vritika held his collars in anger.

"Toh phir pyar ka natak kyu karte rahe mere saath??? Main sacchi mein tumse pyar karti thi!!! Mera kya Ahaan? Mera kyaa?? Tum aaj sagai karne wale ho... Aur mujhe bhanak bhi nahi hai!! Agar itna hi darte ho apni mumma se toh toh pyar hi kyu Kiya mujhse?? Mujhe jhooti umeed kyu dete rhe??? Mere Ghar aana chup chup ke! Woh sab kya thaa??? Haah???"
(Then why did you played with my feelings??? I really loved you!!! What about me Ahaan? What about me?? You are going to engage with a girl today.. and I don't even know!!! If you are so scared of your mom then why did you love me?? Why did you give me false hopes?? Sneaking into my room! What was all that?? Huh???)

Ahaan removed her hands from his collars and said...

"Mere haath mein nahi hai Vritika... Main mere mummy ke khilaaf jaa hi nahi sakta!"
(It's not in my hand Vritika... I can't go against my mom!)

"Apni maa se agar itna hi darte ho unke khilaaf nahi Jaa sakte toh pyar kyu kiya???? Apne maa ke wajah se kisi ki zindagi kyu barbaad karne aaye huh???"
(If you are so scared of your mom, you can't go against her then why did you love me???? Why are you ruining someone's life for your mother???)

That was it! Ahaan lost his control and slapped her. Vritika was in shock that what happened a few seconds ago.. the person who loved her so much.. the person who cherished her... Just slapped her, because she was fighting for her love?

"Meri maa se barhkar koi nahi hai! Khabardar jo meri maa se zyada apni aukaat maani!"
(There's no one above my mom! Dare you think yourself superior to her!)

Saying this Ahaan left while Vritika stood there holding her cheeks. She was not able to believe what happened with her after her exams got over. She never believed that Ahaan would do that. What made her more shocked was that Ahaan didn't even try to fight for their love. And she was about to introduce him as her love in her household.
.
After wandering for 4-5 hours on the streets, Vritika reached her doorstep wiping off her tears. The door was opened by Darsh fortunately who noticed her tear strains but didn't ask her questions.
Without informing anyone, Vritika went straightway to her room and fell on the bed.
She started recalling each and every moment she spent with Ahaan. From their first meet at the auditorium, to them dancing together, to them enjoying Street foods, to them enjoying each other's presence, to them sneakily meeting each other. Him coming to her room while her getting scared. She chuckled at every moment. Her happiness faded the moment she recalled the slap. It was like, Ahaan was a beautiful dream, and someone woke her up by slapping her back to the reality. She heard a knock on her door. It was Darsh.

"Di.. aap thik ho? Kya hua?"
(Di.. are you okay? What happened?)

He whispered because he didn't want others to know about her sister crying.

"Main thik hu Darsh.. tu jaa.. main baadme baat karti hu.."
(I am okay Darsh.. you go.. I'll talk to you later..)

Darsh sighed and left, he knew that his sister needed alone time.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW