Chapter 2

The car came to a halt. The door opened, revealing Mr Vibhuti Narayan Singh, closing the buttons of his coat. He stood near the door, as he was about to press the bell, the door was opened by his wife Vasanti. Vibhuti came inside as he was greeted by Darsh.

"Papa!! Aapko pata hai? Iss Wale test mein mere highest marks aaye hai!"
(Dad!! Do you know?? I ranked the highest in this test!)

"Arre! Yeh toh bohot acchi baat hai.. bass aise hi apni parhai jaari rakhiye... Aap bhi apne bari behn ki tarah acche college mein jaayenge!"
(This is great news.. keep up the good work.. you'll also be able to go to a good college just like your elder sister!)

Darsh smiled as he looked at Vritika who was peeping from the kitchen.

"Waha kya kar rahe hai? Idhar aaiye.."
(What are you doing there? Come over..)

"Nahi tu idhar aa!"
(You come here!)

"Arre lekin kyu?"
(But why?)

"Tu aata hai ki main..."
(You come here else...)

"Accha accha aa rha hu!"
(Ohkay ohkay coming!)

They both conversed in their eyes as Vritika called Darsh in the kitchen.

"Kya hua? Aap aise kyu bulay?"
(What happened? Why you called me?)

"Arre baba.. mujhse bola nahi jaa rha!"
(I am not being able to tell her!)

"Kya cheez?"
(What?)

"Yehi! Ki main Ahaan se pyar karti hu usise shaadi karna chahti hu!"
(This.. that i love Ahaan and wanna marry him!)

"Arre toh aise hi bolo na unhe jaise mujhe bol rhe ho!"
(Then just tell them the way you are telling me!)

"Tu samjh nahi Raha hai yaar! Dekh.. tujhe aram se bol sakti hu kyuki tu janta hai and samjhta hai.. but woh toh sunte hi apne haath mein kataar utha lenge!"
(You are not understanding it! Look.. I can tell you without any fear because you know it and understand it well.. but the latter would take swords in their hands as soon as they will know about it!)

"Arre di.. aap bolke toh dekho.. aapko woh kuch nahi karenge!"
(Di.. just tell them... They won't hurt you!)

"Han mujhe kuch nahi karenge Ahaan ka katl kar denge!"
(Yes they won't do anything to me but would kill Ahaan!)

"Vritika... Papa ke liye thoda jal laaiye.."
(Vritika... Bring some water for your dad..)
Her mother called for her..

"Jiii...."
(Yes...)

She looked at Darsh..

"Abh dekhna kaise class lagti hai meri.."
(Now wait and watch.. how they scold me..)

Darsh laughed at it but immediately stopped after her sister glared at him. She took the tray and went to her father.

"Good evening papa.."

Vibhuti nodded and kept the glass back on her tray.

"Aapke end semester ke exams kabse hai?"
(When are your end semester exams starting?)

"Parso se shuru ho Rahi hai papa... Placement toh ho gayi hai.. bass yeh exams hoke offer letter aa jaayga.."
(It will start the day after tomorrow.. placement is done.. just the exams.. then will get the offer letter!)

"Nahi dekhiye.. issi Karan se main aapko yaha bula raha tha.. job ki zarurat nahi hai aapko.. aap sirf degree le kar aaiye.. baaki kaam hum dekh lenge!"
(No see.. this was the reason I was calling you... Job is not the requirement for you... You just bring the degree.. rest is on me!)

Saying this Vibhuti went straight to his room to freshen up leaving a confused Vritika.. she didn't get what her father was meaning.
.
After having her dinner, she went to her room. As she was untangling the dori of her suit, she heard a noise from her balcony. She looked towards it and saw no one. She went near her balcony and was about to close the door when someone pulled her at a corner and pinned her to the wall. She was about to scream but before she could do the force covered her lips. She was making noises but stopped as soon as she heard the voice.

"Arrey arrey shaant! Meri maa! Main hun! Main hun!"
(Hey hey! Easy easy! It's me!)

She opened her eyes and saw Ahaan standing in front of her.
She gestured him to remove his hand.

"Ahaan... Tum yaha kya kar rahe ho? Tumhe pata hai na mere papa kaise hai... Jaao yaha se!!"
(Ahaan! What are you doing here? You know my dad really well.. just leave from here!)

Saying this she was about to leave when Ahaan held her hand.

"Ek toh itne mushkil se Milne aata hu tumhe.. usme bhi tum aise chale jaane wali baatein karte ho.. agar sachme chala Gaya na toh dekh Lena phir.."
(I come to meet you with such difficulty yet you talk about going away.. if I really go away then you'll understand!)

"Nahi.. aise ashubh baatein nahi karte!"
(No.. don't speak bad omen!)

"Accha abh batao ki tumne Ghar walo se kuch kaha?"
(Ohkay now tell.. have you discussed with them about us?)

As Vritika asked this....Ahaan was in a deep thought...

"Arre kya hua.. batao bhi.."
(Hey what happened? Tell me..)

"Woh Vritika..."
(Actually..)

"Radhaaa... Oh meri radhaa... Kaha ho tum... Main aa rhi hu tumhare kamre mein...."
(Radhaa... Oh my Radhaa... Where are you... I am coming inside your room..)

As she heard her aunt, she started panicking..

"Tum jaao yaha se jaldii!!! Baaki baatein college mein kar lenge!! Bye bye!!"
(You leave from here ASAP!!! Rest will be discussed in the college!!! Bye bye!!)

Vritika sent Ahaan back not before giving a hug to him, and stood near the balcony door as if she was closing it.

"Radha.. kabhse bula Rahi hu aapko.."
(Radha... Calling you since long..)

"Ji Chachiji.. boliye.."
(Yes aunt..)

"Yeh dekhiye... Aapke liye bhaiji ne bheja hai.. acche hai na?"
(Look at these... Your dad has sent them.. they are good, aren't they?)

Vritika looked at them with happiness. It was a new pair of payal as the previous one broke.

"Bohott acchi hai Chachiji... Main abhi papa ko thank you bolke aati hu.."
(It's so good... I'll be back after saying thank you to my dad..)

She was about to go when her aunt stopped her..

"Nahi bacche abhi mat jaaiye... Abhi unke meetings chal rahe hai andar.. busy hai.. aap so jaaiye kal mil lijiyega.. parso se aapke exams bhi toh hai na!"
(No dear don't go now... Now he's busy with meetings... You go and sleep... Your exams are starting soon!)

"Ji Chachiji..."
(Ohkay Aunt...)

After kissing her forehead her aunt left while she sighed looking at the pair of payal. She kept them on the dressing table and slept.
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW