eighteen ~ i love you, okay?

Minho hadn't more to say to anyone else who asked him even the simplest of questions, all he could think about was finally getting to bed to rest his achy limbs and stinking headache.

He never thought he would actually be happy to see the Glade, let alone the people he was forced to see every single day.

Dan and Mike were perched on the hammocks next to the Homestead, Dan tapping Mike on the knee when he noticed Londyn and Minho making their way over.

Mike simply hung his head so as not to have to say the words that were clearly floating between them, and so Dan was the first to get up to approach them.

"Hey, man," Dan spoke first, Minho only giving him a blank look signaling him to cut to the chase. "Look... me and the guys were talking and..."

Londyn raised a brow, noticing Mike's guilty aura and the way Dan was struggling to get his words out. "What, Dan? Spit it out."

"We're... signing on with the Builders instead. We don't wanna be Runners anymore. I'm sorry."

"I always knew you were cowards," Londynsaid spitefully, her eyes narrowing. Minho tapped her on the arm, shaking his head.

"Ah, don't sweat it," he said. "Cowards fit in better on Gally's crew."

"We don't wanna die."

"We all might die, Dan, every day, doing whatever," Londyn told him. "And you losers quitting might make it that much more inevitable."

"What do you want me to say?" Dan folded his broad arms. "That I like the idea of going back into the Maze after all this? At least dying here--"

"I've heard enough," Minho cut him off. "Good riddance, slinthead. Hope you don't hammer a nail into your--"

"Okay, let's go," Londyn chuckled, pulling Minho by the arm towards their room. "You need some sleep."

"Man, what a shucking idiot, all of them," Minho remarked. "Now we gotta do all the work ourselves."

"Were we not always the ones who did the most?" Londyn reminded him, trying to make the best of the bleakening situation. "I'm not going anywhere."

Minho stopped, half smiling at her. "I may sound like an idiot but..."

"But?" she tilted her head at him, smiling back.

"I kinda get the feeling we're on the pathway to finding a way out."

"Oh, so that hope came back, then?"

"I'm not saying that--"

"You totally are."

"Shut up, I told you I might sound like an idiot."

She laughed, hugging him. "I don't think you sound like an idiot. So, we need to start planning life when we get out of here, then?"

"What's there to plan?" he asked her, shrugging. "Wherever we go, we're together, right?"

"Damn right," she agreed, a silence setting in between them as they did nothing but stare

He stumbled into their shared room with all the strength he had left, Londyn having to hold him by the arm. He was still out of air, wondering if he would ever catch his breath back from the longest run of his life.

He slumped onto the bed, collapsing on his stomach with his hands diving under the pillow. Londyn sat on the side of the bed, rubbing his back as she smiled at how his eyes were already closed.

"Don't you wanna shower?" she asked, chuckling. Though he had been through hell and back, she was more than grateful that he was lying there in front of her.