ten ~ breaking point

Londyn tossed and turned for hours throughout the night, eventually staring at the ceiling with no hope of getting any sleep any time soon. She was starving. She hadn't left her room since she'd locked herself in there.

She couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, and what it did to her. What Newt said to her, was she really falling for Minho? Surely, friends kissed each other like that all the time?

Running away, too? She kicked herself for such a pitiful reaction to such a nice moment. She had to talk to him. Surely, it would be morning soon. 

She turned onto her side. But, maybe he wouldn't want to talk to her? Maybe she'd blown her chance.

Every time she thought about him, his smile, his hands, the way he stood, even the way he ran gave her butterflies. She smacked a pillow over her face, groaning into it.

When the sun came up, she finally heard the Runners waking up to get some breakfast and took a deep breath before opening the door. Peering outside, she perimeter-checked and couldn't see him anywhere.

Then, he appeared from around the corner, walking alongside Newt. She panicked, slamming the door with herself inside before they could see her.

"You kissed her?" Newt almost choked on his own spit, a smile flaring across his face. "Did you tell her how you feel, then?"

Minho shook his head regretfully. "I didn't get that far. She ran away. I guess you and Ben were wrong, she doesn't give a shuck's ass about me."

"You're so full of shit," Newt chuckled with his throat hoarsely. "Do you want me to talk to her? You're more than friends, I mean, it's obvious."

Minho shrugged. "I thought so, too. I mean, she's amazing. She thinks outside the box, she can run for days, and she's one good-lookin' shank. But, I don't know, maybe we are just friends."

"Really? Because she spoke highly of you yesterday, as well," Newt told him, the two of them sitting down together. "Friends hardly talk about each other that way. I mean, she's been here over two months, now. I don't think I've ever seen you this happy."

"Look, she made her choice."

Newt's expression hardened. "You know that's not true. She adores you."

Minho resented how someone could read him so well. It was true. Rejection was the easiest way to put off something which was a huge risk, and he was trying with all his might to forget about it all. 

Clearing his throat, Minho got himself up, tying his wristguards up as if to distract Newt who wouldn't take his eyes off him. He pointed at the plate Minho had abandoned on the table. "What happened to the breakfast rule?"

Minho didn't answer. For the first time in over a year, the idea of food disgusted him. Maybe it was all of the unbalanced emotions he was bearing or the imminent sense of dread he was for some reason unable to shake.

"Justin, let's bounce," he barked, and Justin sprung up from his table with the other Runners.

Newt watched his friend leave before he heard a door creak from the Homestead. He turned around, seeing Londyn stepping out of her room hesitantly. Narrowing his eyes with a subtle smile, he patted the bench next to him.

She walked over there, and he took note of the disappointed look on her face. She plopped down next to him. 

"I heard," he told her simply, and she put her head down on the table, knocking her forehead twice.

"I'm stupid, aren't I?" she asked him in a monotone voice.

He laughed at her, shaking his head. "No, you're not. You two are bloody idiots, making a right show of yourselves over something so small."