Chapter 07: Wonderful morning

I'm the first to wake up, again

I'm the first to wake up, again. The sun is pouring through the window that's in between Alea and Quinn's bed shining right into my eyes.

I got down from the top bunk. When I was ten and first got here I was ecstatic that I got to have the top bunk. Ares and Mak also being kids occupied the other top bunks.

Looking back, I wish I had picked the bottom bunk. It's a hassle getting up and down but I think little Jack was just happy that he could be close to the ceiling.

Everyone is still asleep so I grab a pair of shorts and a blue hoodie. The door to our bedroom is open, for some reason so I walk straight towards the bathroom.

The last time I checked the water was still out, which meant we'd all been at least two days without a shower. At least it's winter so none of us sweat that much but I just feel gross and uncomfortable that I don't have the option to shower.

I grab the green toothbrush and turn on the sink, a few drops of water come out, wetting my toothbrush. A hand comes and grabs the yellow one, I look in the mirror to see Aleas behind me. Her blonde hair is all messed up and her eyes are squinted.

"Good morning sleep beauty." I tease as she rolls her eyes, collecting a few drops of water on her toothbrush.

Out of all of us me, Alea, and Ares argue the most. Usually, it's Alea V.S Ares or Alea and me VS Ares. But every once in a while it's fun to make Alea mad.

I squeeze out a small amount of toothpaste, Alea holds her toothbrush out and I put a little on hers.

Alea takes a seat on the toilet as we both brush our teeth. Our bathroom is small but a pretty good size, the shower is right in front of the door with a shower curtain that's molding at the end, right next to it is a toilet. On the back wall is a sink with a mirror that opens to reveal storage.

My toothbrush is hanging out my mouth and I'm running a hand through my hair to make it a little for presentable.

There is a thump before Ares comes hopping in holding his big toe in pain. "Ow, ow, I stubbed my toe."

Alea laughs as Quinn says something from the hallway, "What'd you d-?" I hear her voice say but she also comes wobbling in on one leg.

I burst out laughing as they both had scowls on their faces, "It's not funny, me and Quinn are both victims of that door frame!"

Alea rolls her eyes, "Drama queens," She mumbles. Ares stares at her and grumbles.

"Awh, lighten up! It's Friday." Quinn says patting his shoulder like he's a child.  He groans this time, standing behind me to look in the mirror.

Ares has always been an angry child, he's different around us though. The walls he built up disappear and he's not this storm cloud. But every once in a while he'll blow up like a volcano when someone gets him really mad.