Ep 20 - The Forest of Death

Start from the beginning

"First, I'll give you all a description of the terrain of the practice field. The 44th battle training zone has 44 locked entrance gates, there are rivers and a forest inside. In the center is a locked tower located 10 kilometers from each gate." Anko started to explain.

"It's in this confined area that you'll undergo the survival test. The test consists of an anything goes battle, to get your hands on these scrolls."

"Both of them?"

"Yes, you'll be fighting to get both, a Heaven scroll and a Earth scroll."

"All together 26 teams will be taking part of this test

"All together 26 teams will be taking part of this test. So half of those teams will be going after the Heaven scroll and the other half will be trying to get the Earth scroll. I'll hand over one kind of scroll to each team and that's will be vying for."

"Okay so how do we pass the test?" Sasuke asked.

"Your entire squad must bring both scroll, the Heaven and Earth scroll to the tower." Anko answered.

"That means at the very best half of us will fail. More if not every team isn't able to get both the scrolls." Sakura said.

"No one ever said it would be easy. Oh and one more thing, the test has a time limit. You must finish it within 5 days."

"Five days out there?!"

"What are we supposed to do for food?!"

"Just look around, the forest is full of things to eat. There's plenty to feed all of you."

'If you means bugs by things to eat then I should just walk away.' Aki thought.

"Yeah, but that's not all the Forest have plenty of. There are man-eating beast and poison plants in there." Kabuto said.

"Oh man!"

"Quite down, this is why the call it survival, you know." Ino said.

"That means, with these circumstances there's no way half of the teams will pass the test" Neji said.

"With the days getting longer, the nights are getting shorter. So we will have less time to sleep and less time to recover." Lee smiled. "It is a challenge indeed."

"Completely surrounded by enemies, there won't be time to rest, we'll have to keep a constant watch."

"Right, this test also measure endurance behind enemy lines. This design to be a grueling test and I'm sure some of you won't be up to the challenge." Anko said.

"So umm. Let's say mid exam, can we quite?" Shikamaru asked.

"Of course not. In the middle of a battle you can't say sorry I quite. Well I guess you could but it's probably gonna get you killed." Anko laughed. "There are also some ways you can get disqualified. The first is simple if all three members of a team can't make it to the tower with both scrolls within the time limit, the second is if a team loses a member or a member becomes incapacitated."