Ep 2 - Assassination Of The Mist

"This fog's so thick, you can't see anything." Sakura said.

We were now on the motorboat leading us towards the the land of waves. After the fight with those two Kiri-nin the remaining travel has been has been smooth for now of course.

Aki knew what was to come and was worried not only for her safety but for the others as well.

'Pull yourself together, Aki. You've been training for this.'

"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, The Land of Waves." Kaji said.

"Wow, the bridge is huge." Aki pointed out complete amazed.

"I know right!" Naruto cheered.

"What? Quiet!" Kaji said. "I told you, no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this, huh? Cutting of the engine and rowing, moving through the dense fog so they don't see us."

Seeing how shaken Sakura was, Aki held her hand to which Sakura easily accepts.

Kakashi was quick to get to business as he threatens to abandon the mission if Tazuna doesn't provide an adequate explanation for lying about the mission's difficulty level.

"Like you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long and deadly shadow."

"A deadly shadow? Hm? Who is it?"

"You know him. At least, I'm sure you've heard his name before. He's own the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet, Gato."

"Huh? Gato? Of Gatō Transport? He's a business leader. Everyone knows him."

"Who? Who? What? What?"

"Gato is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company, that's true. But below the surface with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over business and nations, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja." Tazuna said.

"It was one year ago when Gato first set his sight on The Land of Waves. He came to our island and use his vast wealth to take total control of of our transports and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way simply disappeared."

'This is even more scary when your listening to it up close' Aki thought.

"In an island nations a man who controls the sea controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears, the bridge.  When it's complete, it will join us to the land, and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder."

"So that's it. Since you in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangster's way." Sakura said.

"That means this guys we fought in the forest, they were working for Gato." Sasuke added on.

"Your really in a messy situation." Aki sighed.

Kakashi still feeling like something was missing asked Tazuna if he knew how dangerous he was and knew that he would be sending Ninja to eliminate him, why would he hide that form us.

"Because The Land of Waves is a small, impoverished nation. Even our nobles have little money. The common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's to expensive." He explained.

"If you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there won't be any bridge. They'll kill me before I reach home. But don't feel bad about that. Of course, my sweet little grandson will be upset. He'll cry, 'Grandad! I want my Grandad' oh, an my daughter will condemn the Ninja of the hidden leaves denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow."