27| Unexpected Yes

*************

*************

Chan sat behind the small desk in his mechanic shop, he was typing a log into the system for a customer's car. He was behind schedule with a couple of things, especially with the renovations he wanted to make to his garage. He planned for them to happen early last week but he needed to first finish everything and empty the place out before he allowed anyone inside his workplace.

Footsteps on the concrete floor echoed and caught Chan's attention, telling him someone had entered his mechanic shop. He saved the log before lifting his head and locking eyes on the person. He smiled instantly, staring with an intense gaze before he simply waved a hand to break the silence.

"We meet again," Chan said, standing up from behind his desk.

"Yeah, I came to pick up my car. I got a text saying it was ready," Felix said, closing the space between them and resting his hands against the edge of the desk.

"It's in the back, I'll show you."

"Let me pay for it first. How much?" Felix asked, reaching for his wallet to pull his black card out.

"No charge," Chan smiled.

Felix creased a brow as he studied the older's unfairly handsome face. He seemed playful and flirty, and not the type to give up until he got what he wanted.

"No, seriously. How much is it?" Felix asked again.

"Are you always so stubborn?" Chan asked, genuinely curious while at the same time finding it cute.

"No, I just don't like owing favors," Felix said.

"Oh," Chan nodded in realization but still with a smile on his face. "You're worried that if I say no charge I'm expecting you to pay me back in some other way."

"Are you?" Felix looked at him.

"Yes," Chan said honestly. "But no, not really."

Felix was confused as hell now. He stared at the older for an explanation but Chan didn't bother with one.

"Don't frown, angel," Chan told him. "You'll get wrinkles," he then slowly brought his hand up with enough time for Felix to lean back and avoid him, but he didn't. 

Maybe a part of Felix wanted to see what Chan was going to do, maybe a part of him wanted to figure out if Chan was just a flirt or had different intentions. Chan was surprised but happy when Felix only blinked back at him and didn't move. He pressed the pad of his index finger gently in between Felix's eyebrows and softly massaged the tension away.

"What do you mean by yes but no?" Felix asked, silently enjoying the affection.

"It means that I'd like to take you to dinner sometime. But either way, if you say yes or if you say no it has nothing to do with me not charging you for your car repair. I'm just being nice to someone I like," Chan stated.

"You don't even know me," Felix said as Chan's touch left him. It felt cold and like something was missing but Felix shook the feeling off.

"Then give me the opportunity to get to know you," Chan simply replied.

"You're really... " Felix sighed at a loss for words.

"Persistent? Charming?"

"Confusing. Tiring," Felix remarked.

Chan pressed his lips together and tilted his head like a puppy. It was like he didn't hear a word of what Felix had said, instead he was choosing to ignore the retorts and keep trying. Felix finally let out a small laugh as he shook his head and Chan grinned in victory.

"So is that a yes?" he asked.

"No," Felix said.

Chan pouted, his expression falling because he really didn't expect to get rejected.

"Really? It's really a no?" Chan asked and Felix nodded.

"No."

"No? No as in no or no as in yes. I'm confused," Chan admitted.

"Thanks for the free service, you can show me my car now," Felix said.

Chan took a second to collect himself before hesitantly nodding and walking out from behind his small desk. 

How can someone so angelic be so hard to read? Was Felix playing him? That was new since it had never happened to Chan before.

"Here it is," he said and gestured to the black convertible in the corner of the garage. "It's good as new. It was just a minor problem. I checked your tires too, your brakes, and your oil and filter to be safe."

"Wasn't that a bit much?" Felix asked curiously.

"Just want you to be safe," Chan smiled, regaining his flirtiness again. "Here's your keys," he said and held a keychain out to Felix.

"Thanks."

"Anytime angel."

Angel. 

That nickname again. This was the third time he'd called Felix an angel now.

Why did the name in general sound so wrong but when it came out of Chan's mouth it sounded kind of right? Not like a simple nickname only to hit on him, but something Felix couldn't place yet.

Felix took the keys from Chan and opened the driver's side door, but before he ducked inside he stopped and hung off the door for a second. He looked at the older boy who looked back at him expectantly.

"What is it?" Chan asked.

"We can have coffee sometime," Felix said, surprising Chan enough for the brunette's eyes to widen. "And depending on how it goes and your performance we can have dinner next time." Felix put on a smile not sure if he was just being polite or if he actually meant it. 

To be honest, when it came to Bang Chan, this handsome and playful mechanic, Felix wasn't so sure how felt about him yet. He definitely did feel something towards him though. 

Curiosity? Interest? Attraction?

He wanted to find out.

"I... "

"You have my number, you can text me when you're free," Felix added before disappearing inside his car and closing the door.

Chan didn't even have time to get one word out.

Was he really just played? For the first time in his entire life? Unbelievable. But somehow all Chan could do was smile as he watched Felix pull out of the garage and ultimately leave the mechanic shop altogether.