09| Awkward Truth To Tell

*************

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

*************

"I leave you alone for one night!"

"I know, hyung."

"How did you even get into this much trouble?"

"If I knew, I wouldn't be in this situation, would I?"

A sigh was heard before a chuckle filled the air.

"I'm glad you find this so amusing," Minho said as he set his phone down on the counter. He put it on loudspeaker as he went over to pour some water into a glass. "If this gets out and my parents found out, I'm dead. You know that, right?"

"Oh, believe me, I do."

"You're so helpful Chan hyung. Why did I even bother phoning you?" Minho asked not judging but genuinely curious.

"Because you fucked up and I'm your best friend," Chan replied.

He was obviously enjoying this.

"Yeah, and I'm regretting it," Minho muttered.

"Your marriage?"

"No, my best friend."

"Ouch," Chan fakely gasped and Minho could imagine him grabbing at his chest dramatically. "Anyway, jokes aside. What are you going to do?"

"What can I do?" Minho remarked. "I need to find my husband and sort this shit out. I have three weeks and two days before my parents get back from abroad. In that time I need to make an agreement with him so that our marriage never gets out."

"You think he'll agree?" Chan asked.

"If he doesn't I might as well dig my grave now and save my parents the trouble."

"Take it easy, yeah? When you find him don't come off too strong or you'll scare him," Chan warned.

"You make me sound like a tyrant," Minho scoffed.

"No," his best friend laughed. "Just a control freak."

Minho leaned his elbows down against the kitchen counter. Chan was right. To a certain extent, Minho did like control. He didn't seem like the type because his looks made him seem so carefree. Like he didn't care about the consequences of his actions but he did. He wasn't a controlling person though. It was just that if he could manipulate a situation to his advantage he would. He wasn't a manipulative person either though.

Just because he had it in him to be controlling and manipulative didn't mean that he was either of those things.

He was just... complicated.

And Chan knew him the best. They'd been friends for so long. Best friends. And Minho knew Chan the best too. Their friendship was like a cat and a dog. Sometimes they bickered and teased each other but at the end of the day, they'd have fun together.