chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

She backed up a step as she shook her head, an inopportune moment to be seeing her own knife meet her friend's neck from her games, but she never was lucky when it came to the timing of reliving her past.

Through wide eyes, Nadia raised her knife to throw though her hand was a little shaky, but Katniss beat her to it having shot an arrow right into Gloss' chest.

Nadia didn't have much time to watch Gloss as well as Wiress fall back into the water before Cashmere came running around the corner with a knife raised threateningly.

Johanna saw her approaching and swung her axe in an instant with great precision, but Cashmere jumped back to block it before trying to slice Johanna's head open with her weapon.

Sighting Johanna had a definite fight on her hands, Nadia ran over just as she'd gotten her axe stuck in the ground.

Cashmere raised her knife to make the kill, but Nadia was faster as she threw one of her knives at the woman, the blade lodging itself into her wrist causing her to let out a yelp of pain and her knife clambered to the ground.

Johanna got ahold of her axe yet again and was back on her feet, the woman not stalling for a second before she made one clean swing of her axe, the sharp edge digging right into the side of Cashmere's head.

A canon erupted which confirmed a quick death, Johanna yanking her axe from the woman's skull with a splash of blood flung across the ground.

Johanna nodded in thanks to Nadia before their attention was turned to the sound of grunts and groans where the rest of them were fighting off Brutus and Enobaria.

They must've came from the other side, Nadia and Johanna running over to find Beetee the only one staying hidden inside the cornucopia to remain safe from all the sharp objects.

Flying arrows and expert swings from Finnick's trident seemed to have scared the two off as they started running from the commotion.

Nadia followed close behind Katniss who went after them quickly, Johanna right on their tail to offer her assistance as well.

Nadia lifted her knife seeing an opportunity at a clean shot at Brutus as he ran across an aisle of stone, but the ground beneath her started to shake and her balance was lost.

The entirety of the island in the center started to spin and on her way to the shaky ground, Nadia hit her knee and groaned, not having time for any other type of reaction as herself, Katniss and Johnna were all trying to hang on for their lives sake.

Water sprung up and hit their faces like fireworks, Johanna swiftly getting ahold of Katniss' hand with a strangling grip. Her heart dropped though as she noticed Nadia close to the edge, her knuckles white from how tightly she gripped the rocks.

Katniss was able to reach over just as Nadia's grip got weak and snatched her hand up to keep her afloat. However tight their holds were on each other, it didn't seen like enough against the speed the island was spinning.

Johanna nearly let go as water splashed in her face and her arm was getting tired from holding not only herself, but two other people up as well. Luckily she jabbed her axe straight into the ground just in time to hold them all up.