𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗟𝗗 𝗙𝗨𝗟𝗟 𝗢𝗙 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦

*changes will be made to this chapter as i continue writing*

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C A S T
W A R N I N G S
D I S C L A I M E R
T A B L E  O F  C O N T E N T S
A U T H O R S  N O T E

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

- I N T R O D U C T I O N -
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

hope.

a word holding mystery and empty promises. one for innocent souls and naive minds. those with experience steer clear like catching a glimpse of it would kill them.

hope is nothing but a distraction. when faced with reality the ones who push away optimism, standing strong in a blank, and even sorrowful light are those who survive.

because hope is a powerful thing that makes people blind to the truth. hope isn't there for you when you're left empty and broken. and broken hope is harder to restore than any battle wound.

nadia holloway lost hope the moment her first kill was made in that arena, eight years ago. the light was gone, her innocence was tarnished and everything went downhill at a hundred miles an hour.

the irony is hope is so strong and can break into even the most stubborn of people. hope, in this sense, a district four victor who found himself living through the same hell as nadia.

it was hard to see that light at the end of the tunnel, that silver lining or bright spot when you're a pawn in a game that was seemingly tailored to break you. when there's nothing but darkness to consume you.

there is, however, a bright spot in every dark cloud. the same hope she found herself unable to run away from happened to be the light in a world full of darkness.

H O P E
hold on - pain ends

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(and thus started an endless cycle of me making things more dramatic than they needed to be)