Chapter 20: Hidden Knowledge

The sun had just risen, but not the students, at least some of them. Hadrian sat up in his bed rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he listened closely to the steady breathing of Dean, creepy yes, but careful.

He clearly was not going to wake up anytime soon, so Hadrian took this time to use the bathroom. Washing off the filth he collected while he was asleep.

When he had gotten out Dean had just woken up. With a towel around his waist, Hadrian made his way to his bed to get his clothes from the trunk by the foot of it.

Since he made a move to go to the bathroom, Hadrian took this as an opportunity to change. By the time he was done, Dean was gathering his clothes Hadrian didn't have time for meaningless chatter, so he went done for breakfast.

It wasn't like him to wake up early on a Saturday, but there is always time for change, plus Hadrian had things to do. It had been 5 days since the incident with Malfoy, and it was clear nobody wanted to talk about it.

When he made it to the Great Hall, the only Gryffindors at the table were him, Hermione, Fred, George, Lavender, Colin and a few others.

He took a seat beside Collin, which meant he was facing Hermione. "Morning." She mumbled, clearly frustrated with something. Before Hadrian could ask Fred and George interrupted.

"Good morning Hadrian-" Fred greeted.

"-what brings you-" George continued.

"-by so early?" Fred finished.

Hadrian wanted to be polite and give a simple good morning before ignoring them for the rest of the day, but his curiosity was pushing him.

"What are you two even doing here? Didn't you leave?" Hadrian didn't want to mean rude, and luckily they thought so too since they just gave him a small smile.

"As it turns out, we need to have license in potion making and herbology in order to run the joke shop, since it requires a lot of experimentation." Fred calmly answered as he put toast on his plate.

"What a bunch of bullocks." George scoffed.

Hermione peeked up at them from a book she was reading, "Weren't you two going to get expelled anyway if you didn't drop out? How come you were allowed back?"

Now that was a question worth asking. The twins exchanged a look Hadrian couldn't catch, but it didn't exactly send his body into alert. Because, what weren't those two up to?

"Mum talked with Dumbledore about it. Plus-" George started.

"-that pink toad isn't here anymore to say otherwise." Fred ended with a mouthful of bacon, which Hermione looked at with irritation. She was probably thinking that's why Ron had those messy eating habits.

Hadrian-not caring about the topic anymore-quickly finished his breakfast. He stalked toward the doors of the Great Hall almost bumping into Malfoy in the process.

Malfoy just looked at him in shock at the scare he had just received, before his expressing relaxed into one of neutrality, "Potter." He spat.

"Malfoy." Hadrian returned.

Before he passed by, he heard the faintest of whispers, "Don't think I've forgotten, you arsehole." Hadrian winced. That was not what he expected, but then again, it was.

He still hasn't apologized pushing him of the bed so abruptly, but Malfoy also hadn't said thank you for helping him so Hadrian wasn't going to cave in first.

He never submitted first.

"Don't worry I haven't, Blondie." Malfoy's eyes widened, but his expression stayed the same. There was a twitch in his eye that Hadrian couldn't help but chuckle as he walked away.