Chapter 12: Cecil's Time Limit

Draco turned his attention back to the table Infront of him, 'There he goes again. Can't even enter a room without being the center of attention. Tsk.' Draco pinched the awe struck Katherine on her arm to gain her attention.

She let out a squeak of surprise before facing Draco with a look of annoyance. Who in turn just ignored her expression. He quickly picked up where they left off. Occasionally having to pinch Katherine to pay attention to him and not the attention seeking hog across them.

Dinner went on with Draco feeling a pair of eyes pierce into his skin every now and then.

Soon dinner was over and they were allowed back to their rooms. Draco, finally having a moment to himself, summoned Ingrid. Ingrid immediately made herself comfortable on his bed, curling up and embracing the comfort.

'Hey, Cecil. You've been quiet. What's the problem?' Draco questioned as he took of his shoes with a swift kick before plopping down on the bed in exhaustion.

He heard Cecil sigh, 'Are you sure you researched about me. Because that question is stupid.' Cecil expressed with distain. Draco pulled a face, 'What ever do you mean?'

Cecil sighed again. It was becoming a habit at this point, 'I didn't want to be the one to have to break it to you but...I'm leaving.'

Draco was silent for a while, 'What? Elaborate.' He asked still quite confused. How can he leave? He was guide, his inner subconscious. It would be physically impossible to leave.

Unless...

Cecil took a deep breath, for what? It was beyond him, 'If you had even bothered to continue reading book Sev gave to you. You would know. It was literally in the next chapter.' He took another breath.

Draco didn't say a thing as he waited for Cecil to compose himself, 'Just read the book, I can't right now.'

He didn't have to tell Draco twice. He got up reluctantly from the comfortable warm bed, supplied with a significant amount of heat charms for the cold room, and made him way to the table by the corner.

Luckily Blaise was still in the common room so no questions would be asked. He took the book from the drawer before getting out his glasses. Because apparently his vision wasn't as good as he thought.

He quickly skipped from where he left off to the next chapter; Chapter 5: Your Inner Sub.

/////////////////

                            CHAPTER 5: Your Inner Sub

As common knowledge to most. Your Inner Sub is a sort of guide that does not exist physically but mentally. They help with important decisions and information. Subs are for all creatures, Wolves, Veelas, Dragons (Rarely), Fairies, Elves, etc...

Wolves

Draco skipped until he found the veela section.

Veela

There are two types of Veela; Sybil and Agave. Sybil meaning Oracle, and Agave meaning Noble. Agave Veelas are the common everyday Veelas you see around. While Sybil Veelas are rare. There are only 10 in existence, if you are one, congratulations you're special.

As one knows, male Veelas are almost non-existent since they can only exist through cross breeding. But there are some that still turn out male, it has not been explained yet, but all that is known is that they don't stay one forever.

Your Inner Sub is what makes you, you. Every other Veela has their inner Sub permanently, but a Sybil can never have their for more than 6 months, sometimes 3 months only. Yes, you guessed right.

Your Inner Sub Veela is about to disappear forever. Only if you are a Sybil. If you are independent to take care of yourself, or have another guide to help, then your Sub has served their purpose.

Now, it has to go.

Now on to Agave Veelas

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Draco closed the book in haste, 'Why didn't you say anything?' Draco asked an air of indifference. There was no way he would get upset over the inevitable. But he knew it was no use. Cecil could feel what he felt, so there was no use in hiding his emotions.

But, he could bring himself to reveal his true feelings. Cecil let out a sigh of frustration, but that could not mask the pain and sadness in his tone of voice, 'I know it's a lot to take in, but you are well educated on your inheritance, there is no need for me anymore.

I'll be gone in a week's time.' Cecil made it clear that he made no room for argument. He went quiet and he expected Draco to as well. Draco took his silence as his time to sleep.

He didn't even bother taking a shower or changing into his pajamas. He just put his book away, stored his glasses away in his case. Before melting into the comfort of his bed.

He was going to dread the next few days.

/////////////////

Hadrian lay in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He made no effort to take off his shoes. His familiars were surrounding him with looks of pity. Hadrian had his hand over his chest as he took in sharp inhales of air.

His head pounding, his throat dry. Tears managed to escape his tightly closed eyelids. "What happened to him?" Was all Hadrian was thinking of right now. The pain he felt was worse than he had imagined.

His heart had started to quicken in speed once he entered his room. But no it was a whole new thing. He knew this was not coming from him, but from his supposed 'mate' a few floors down.

Draco was clearly going through something, but it wasn't like he could barge into his room and demand from him what was wrong. It simply did not work that way.

Malfoy may be a lot of things, a slimy git, a prat and an overall jerk. But no one deserves to go through such pain, no matter who incompetent they might be.

Hadrian tried to steady his breathing until he was sure the pain had subsided. He got up with a start, as sweat glided down his forehead.

He looked around, as he asked himself if he should take his cloak and go spy on Malfoy. Or just stay put and hope it doesn't happen again. He chose the safer option, stay put. He took out his map and scanned it until he saw Draco in his room safe and sound.

With that done, he put away the map took a shower, brushed his teeth, and changed into sweatpants and a flimsy T-shirt. Before he plopped back on his bed, with the intention of going to sleep.

His familiars disappeared as soon as they were sure he was fine, so all was taken care off.

But what he did not know was that he had felt the pain of both Draco and Cecil combined. Which was the cause for the intense pain. It would certainly not be the last time he would feel it.