005: Familiar and Inner Sub

Hadrian had just finished explaining his inheritance to Neville, leaving out the betrayal of his best-friends part. To say Neville was impressed would be an understatement, he was amazed. The windows started to frost over, and the air turned cold.

"Is it me, or is it c-cold in h-here." Neville asked stammering and rubbing his hands, as he tried to create a source of warmth. Luna and Hadrian both agreed that something was wrong, but they made no move to find out.

For once Hadrian's Hero complex didn't over take his way of thinking. He thought his actions through before he acted, and his common sense was tinkling 'Don't Fucking Go, Not Your Problem'

He was trying to conjure up a little heat but got distracted by...Ron? Running away? From what?

He heard a bit of yelling in the distance, before it stopped. But he was able to catch one word, 'Draco'. That brought him to a conclusion, Draco Malfoy was up to something, as always. This brought back a lot of memories, along with the thought that he was once obsessed with the blonde.

Even though he denied that fact a long time ago, but once he looked back, he was obsessed with Malfoy. Soon enough the room went back to its original temperature, with just a bit of cold lingering in the air. 'What happened?' Was what was going through Hadrian's head at the moment.

A few minutes prior~

The fox crept its way toward Ron who was scared shitless. When Ron realized that the fox was about to hurt him, he mustered enough courage to run the hell out of there.

When the fox was about to follow Ron, Pansy yelled, "Draco!! Calm Down, He's Gone!!" Draco's eyes turned from the now white back to its usual silver gray, and the fox yielded.

Draco shook his head and looked around confused. His eyes dropped down to the large snow fox curling in front of his legs. "What the heck happened?!" Draco freaked out, and to be fair, who wouldn't when there is large snow fox right in front of you, ice sticking out from all over the cabin as it melted, and his your friends gawking at you like you're the Minister of magic.

Blaise and Pansy shared a look, "You totally, freaked out when Weasley was bad mouthing Pans." Blaise said as he leaned back into the seat and crossed his arms behind his head. "Aww, you care about me that much?" Pansy squealed as she hugged Draco, who just tried to push her away.

He was glad that they didn't question, and he was sure that they didn't need to know what had happened, as it was quite obvious. He had just used one of his abilities subconsciously. His mother did say that he was a special type of Veela, a sibyl Veela to be exact.

A sibyl Veela was a rare creature, with only 10 ever in existance, with him being the 11th. All that was special, was the fact that they could inherit abilities of both dominant and submissive Veela. Plus a 30% chance of unlocking rare abilities. This makes them naturally confident around dominants.

Once she let go, Draco had more space to think about what had just happened. How was it that he unlocked the ability when he saw that Pansy was being mistreated? Did his ability rely on how he felt, or the situation. And what the hell is a fox as large as a horse doing in the cabin?

The fox seemed to have heard him, and shrunk itself to the size of a cat and jumped onto Draco's lap. 'Well met master.' A voice rang out through his head. Now isn't today just interesting.

Draco had already seen enough things to not give a fuck anymore, 'Hello, I guess.' Draco thought back to the fox that was now staring at him. He patted and rubbed its fur, which seemed to please the fox.

'So, who are you? And I prefer you call me Draco.'

The fox perked up as its eyes glowed a bright blue for a second. 'I'm Ingrid. Your familiar or rather Magical Animagus.' Ingrid said with excitement, her fur changing from white to orange, to green, to brown and then back to white.

'Why are you suddenly happy, weren't you serious just a minute ago?' Draco thought with a raised eyebrow, totally ignoring the fact that he may be looking like a weirdo to his friends. 'Well now that you have given me permission to use your first name, I am to do as I please. Sooooo, when are we to get of this train, I wanna see some eligible familiars.' Ingrid sighed dreamily at the thought, while Draco grimaced.

He decided that his familiar was one of a kind, that it was scary, 'Is there a way for you to like go back to being... non-existent?' Draco didn't mean to say that in a mean way, and luckily Ingrid caught that, so she didn't take it personally, 'Just think of me as if I'm nothing. That shouldn't be too hard for you, right Draco?' The fox did something like a smirk.

Draco's eye twitched, but it's not he could argue with the fact. He did think less of most people that wasn't what he actually thought of them, he just didn't know how to properly start a conversation with others, or make friends. When he's nervous he tends to spout nonsense out of the top of his head, which he ends up apologizing for later, but not to Potter, never to potter.

He concentrated on making Ingrid a figment of imagination, but all she did was flicker, 'Great, you did it!!' She cheered, at the confused Draco.

'What do you mean? I can still see you.' He asked with worry, poor thing had been trapped for too long. Ingrid rolled her eyes, 'I have become invisible to the others, for me to disappear from your sight, only I can do that. But once I do, I can't come out again unless you summon me.' She explained.

They kept talking and trying to understand what was going on, but the moment was cut short. "Yo, Dray. We're here." Blaise said as he nudged Draco on the shoulder. He looked up from the fox which was now on the floor, before getting up to exit.

~~~

He, Blaise and Pansy made their way to the front where they saw Hagrid rounding up first years. They spotted Ron in the mix of 5th years and 6th years smirking in their direction.

Ingrid looked up to see Draco glaring at the redhead, but she didn't engage, as he had not commanded her to do so. They made their way toward the entrance, and Ingrid suddenly got an idea.

She jumped up and blew a light breeze before summoning some snow to fall. Draco's hair turned white but his eyes remained grey. The snow fell slowly around him landing on his hair delicately. He looked almost ethereal.

All eyes were on him, and fairly, it was expected. Like come on, who wouldn't look at a person who walks in with snow falling around him and only him. To add to the bizarre phenomenon, he had the looks of pure beauty, facial feature soft and delicate. Hair tied and soft looking, with the snowflakes adding effect, with every step he took, ice would follow and when out of bounds they would melt, to top it off, his posture was perfect, I mean who wouldn't look.

Blaise and Pansy just stared at him, nonchalant, as if he does it every other day, and to say they were shocked would be over-exaggerating, Draco was one for grand entrances, so they would have been shocked if he didn't do this.

Draco looked down at the smirking fox,' Ingrid, stop it.' He demanded.

'But it makes you look so cool.' Ingrid whined, but to no avail. There was no changing his mind, 'Ugh, Fine. Just think of the snow melting away.' The fox said pouting, she thought he have liked a grand entrance, considering that it was him of all people. But it was clear he didn't like being the center of attention anymore, such a shame.

'Don't be so hard on the poor thing Draco, she just wanted to help. You shouldn't be so reprimanding.' Cecil scolded Draco from within his head.

You must be confused huh? Well, that was Cecil, Draco's inner Sub. He had met Cecil two days after his inheritance, and ever since then, Cecil helped with making some decisions whenever Draco seemed tense. Unlike most Subs Cecil was the type to not take shit, and not give in too easily, unless it was their mate of course.

Cecil was the one to take control of Draco whenever he was mad or wanted to outright strangle someone. To put it short, Cecil was the calmer version of Draco.

Draco, looked at Ingrid and told her to show herself, to which she did without any protest. She was still the size of a cat so no one was exactly scared of the little creature. Ingrid jumped up onto Draco's shoulder and snuggled up to him. 'It's okay. I accept your apology.' Ingrid said still snuggling up to him, 'Don't push it.' He said as he rubbed behind her ear softly. He motioned for Blaise and pansy to follow him as he continued to walk toward the Great Hall.

"Was that real?" Someone murmured.