Chapter 11: Misunderstanding

As soon as potions was over, Hermione pulled Hadrian off to the side to talk to him, "Hermione I-"

"Save it. Why are you avoiding me and Ron like the plague? Did we do something? Or are you having one of those moments where you think being around us is dangerous? Because if so, we have been through a lot conundrums than what ever you have going on....Just please talk to me." Hermione ended her rant with sharp inhales and glossy eyes.

Hadrian had never felt so ashamed of himself than he was right now. He should have known that Hermione would never betray his trust. Yet he believed a faulty inheritance slip. Did he have little faith in his friends than he had first suspected?

Sure they had been through a lot of tough moments, but they would never do this to him. Right?

But that does not explain as to why Ron and the rest of the Weasley family would steal from him after all they had been through, "Listen, 'Mione. I have never felt as guilty as I do now, but all will be revealed in due time. Do you trust me?"

Hadrian put his hand on her cheek as he looked her in her eyes to see what her eyes would say. We all know that one's eyes hold one's true emotion, "...Yes, I trust you. I will wait until you tell me your reason. But please stop ignoring me." He lay her hand atop of his on her cheek and gave a little smile.

"I will, I promise. But for now, Ron must not know of this encounter, okay?" Hadrian asked to which Hermione nodded in understanding.

"So what was that with you at potions? When did you get so good?" Hermione asked with a gaze of suspicion, "Well, the old text book Slughorn gave me had these alternate instructions under each page, so I just followed those instead."

Hadrian explained as he and Hermione walked up a couple of stairs to reach the Gryffindor tower to drop of their books, "What?! You can't just follow random instructions you find!!" Hermione scolded.

Hadrian shrugged in response, "Come on 'Mione, it's not goona do any harm. Plus it seemed really effective back there." Hadrian dismissed Hermione's glare completely.

Hermione sighed in defeat as she realized it was no use in trying to convince him, "Just be careful, I trust you to make the right choice and get rid of that book." This was definitely not Hermione getting jealous.

The rest of the walk was silent as the walked back to their common room in comfortable silence. Then it dawned on Hadrian. He had asked from Dumbledore last year and it was almost time for it.

'Merlin's tits!! Why did I do that?! It's not like I knew, let me cut past me some slack.' Hermione saw Hadrian slouch but made no move to question. Hadrian quickly threw his books on the bed before going back to the less busy hallway.

Where he saw a sulky Thalia and straight faced Luna. 'Nit my place to get involved' Hadrian thought to himself before making his way toward Dumbledore's office.

He said the password, 'Truffles' in a hurry before entering the dimly lit office of the man Hadrian will forever loath. Dumbledore sat turned away from Hadrian but turned around once he heard the squeaking of the chair opposite him, indicating that someone had sat down.

Dumbledore gave him a light smile, "Harry my boy, lemon drop?" Hadrian refused the offer with a shake of the head. He didn't bother correcting Dumbledore on his name, he will wait for that moment to arrive.

With that the flashbacks begun.

Dumbledore shows Hadrian the first of a number of memories he has collected concerning Lord Voldemort's past. It shows a ministry official, Bob Ogden, attempting to arrest a man called Morfin Gaunt for attacking a muggle, Tom Riddle Sr., but fails.

Dumbledore reveals later that following Ogden's visit, Morfin's sister, Merope Gaunt had given Riddle Sr. love potion because she was in love with him, and they had later ran away together and conceived a child: Tom Marvolo Riddle, the young Voldemort.

The whole time Hadrian payed close attention to the memories with the mindset of a son looking at his dad's past, that did not seem to be the most ideal. They needed there before parting ways. Now Hadrian knew why he had needed those lessons.

Hadrian went back to his dorm to freshen up before he went down for dinner. 'Hey, Hadrian. Don't take offense, but are you really going to wear that?' Hadrian heard his Dragon familiar, Seo Ji-Han, ask with a tone of disbelief.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" He asked back as he examined himself in the bathroom mirror. He sported a plain black shirt with jeans. He was wearing the definition of casual.

There was silence for a while, before his familiars and inner Alpha exclaimed, 'Nah!! It's too casual.' Hadrian just shook his head, "What would you all know, you don't wear clothes."

There was another brief silence before, "So? Even if we don't, we have seen a dog with more style than you. That's saying something since those poshy women dress them up like dolls." His Phoenix familiar, Callum said with distain.

Now that Hadrian thought about it, he did look rather plain. But what was wrong with plain? 'I suggest you take that off and wear something more eye catching.' His Basilisk familiar, Celestine, advised with a spring in her voice.

///////////////

Draco sat conversing with Katherine about a new theory they both read about in the library, 'What would happen if one got revived from the dead?' They were so deep into the conversation that they had not realized when everyone was quiet.

Pansy nudged him from his side to gain his attention, but that jab was not exactly soft. He was about reprimand her, but all words left his mind. He was entrapped by the eye candy Infront of him that was Hadrian Jake Riddle. Or in Draco's case Harry Fucking Potter.

Hadrian had on a tight-fitting (And I mean Tight-fitting) auburn Cashmere sweater, grey sweatpants and classic leather boots. A mix of comfortable and sexy.

Some were gawking, others were shocked, but Draco was in turmoil when Hadrian sent him a wink. If that did not stir up something in his stomach, then he didn't know what did.

This would be the beginning of something eventful huh? Why can't he be gay in peace? 'Oh shite'

A/N:Long time no see. I won't lie, I was lazy.