Chapter 21

Kelly

My head banged against the window startling me awake. I jumped up looking around, I looked to my right to see Ace sleeping peacefully with his side bandaged up.

"Would you like something to drink Miss Kelly?" The flight attendant asked

"Uh yeah some water please." I softly replied

I gazed out of the window to see the Pacific Ocean directly below us. The moon light glistened across the Ocean it was beautiful.

"Your water." The flight attendant handed me my cup.

I simply nodded my head as if to say thank you. I reclined my seat gazing out the window once again. Events from the past few hours replayed in my head.

Flash Back

We opened fire on SWAT below us. The quickly retreated to take cover which only gave us a few seconds to come up with a plan. I quickly scanned the room we were in, no other doors fuck!

"Come on we have to go back out the way he came!" I yelled looking over at Ace

He tied my jacket as tight as he could around his waist to stop the bleeding. We each put our duffle bags around our shoulders. I grabbed him and we made our exit just as a smoke grenade came barreling through the window and landing on the floor filling the room with gas.

Making our way down the staircase I didn't know what awaited us but I held my gun out in front of me. We weren't going to die in here I was determined.

"Arrrraagh!" Ace yelled

"Come on baby just a little bit longer." I coached as we neared the last set of steps.

"FREEZE!"

"PUT THE GUNS DOWN!"

"HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

I looked up to see my dad the Chief of police and a few officers behind him. We made eye contact. Tears began to well up in my eyes not because we were caught but because I knew I was going to die here. This was it. I looked down to see red lasers all over my chest and stomach. They were still barking orders but for some reason I could only hear ringing in my ears. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until my Dad turned around and opened fire on the officers behind him. I grabbed Ace and we tucked and ran up a few steps until the shots rang out.

"Arrraagh!" I heard my dad scream

I looked up to see him holding his neck. Something came over me, I snatched my gun pulled the trigger repeatedly until I seen every officers body drop. I spun around helping Ace off the ground stepping over the bodies I made way towards the door. I looked down at my Dad tears brimmed at my ears but I refused to let them fall.

"I'm sorry." I said before turning away

Even though he couldn't respond back to me the look in his eyes let me know he understood. Realizing I was all out of bullets I tossed my gun on the ground. With Ace on my shoulders I hobbled towards a black Nissan taking the butt of his gun I smashed the window unlocking the doors I put Ace in the back seat and hoped in the front.

"HEY HEY WAKE UP!" He was starting to loose conscious

I hot wired the car and pulled off. Bullets began flying hitting the doors and breaking the back window.

"FUCK!" I yelled

I had to think and think fast we were down to 1 gun and its just me Ace is not 100% he can barely keep his eyes open. I breezed onto the freeway to hear a helicopter hovering. Just when I thought shit couldn't get worse. I noticed an underpass up ahead once I made it there I pulled over and Hijacked another car this time it was a Silver Toyota. I drove from out of the underpass like everything was cool by the time the find out we ditched the Nissan we will be long gone. I breezed off the free way and took the back roads nearing the spot where I knew the Jet would be fueled and waiting.