Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Kelly

Over the next few weeks P began to take me on little runs pick ups here or drop offs there nothing to crazy but I'd have to say the money was flowing in nicely. After we met up with Ace a few weeks back he took me around the streets to see if we could locate my mom but no luck I wasn't giving up though.

"Aye what kinda music you got on this thing." P asked as we drove around in my car. I was having him take me to that crack house he told me he seen her at a few months back.

"I don't know take a look and find out." I chuckled handing him my phone so he could search through my spotify playlist.

"This that shit right here." He swiped the dial on the volume until he hit the max and I breezed down the highway with Rags to Riches by Lil Baby and Rod Wave filling my eardrums. He randomly selected a few more songs before we made it to our destination.

"This it?" I referred to the dingy white house in front of us.

"Yeah but aye man before we go in here be prepared ya moms may or may not be in here but if she is I promise it won't be a pretty sight." He warned

"I seen her off the shits before." I rolled my eyes before stepping out

No words were spoken as he got out following me up the steps. A few old heads were hanging around outside

"Aye Jose'phine inside?" I asked walking up to the one standing by the door. His shirt was a dirty shade of brown although I'm sure it used to be white at some point and his slacks were baggy with holes in them

"I don't know see for yaself." He gruffly replied stepping aside

I swung the door open and stepped in. The stench was a mixture of ass and trash I held my forearm up to my nose and peered inside. Crack vales, dirty syringes, and trash littered the ground. A couple was in the corner doing what appeared to be kissing I wasn't sure but I damn sure wasn't gonna get to close to find out either. I walked through making sure not to step on anything or anyone. The people in there were too dazed to even notice us. I could hear arguing in one of the back rooms the female voice sounding like my mom but a bit groggier I took a step towards the room but P grabbed my elbow to stop me. I turned around and he gave me a look as if to say stay out of it but I snatched my arm away and walked towards the noise instead.

"I just need another hit." I heard the female plead. I couldn't see her face because the man was blocking her

"You got another hit money?" He asked mocking her groggy voice.

She put her head down and sighed in defeat.

"Then I guess you'll be giving up those sweet lips." He laughed

When he moved to unzip his sipper I caught a glimpse of her face.

"Mom!" I shouted loud enough for them to hear

She looked up and a look of shame and joy was etched across her once beautiful face.

"What the fuck!" The man yelled struggling to take out his gun but P was already on his ass.

"Aye we just came for the lady get moving this ain't got nothing to do with you." He replied with ease

"I don't want no problems." The man replied before getting the fuck outta dodge.

"Kel-kelly what are you doing here?" My mother asked standing up trying to fix her clothes. I assumed she was ashamed by the way she looked. Her hair was matted and disheveled she wore a green cocktail dress that I'm sure was a few years old given the fact it had lost it's green shimmery color and her shoes were non-existent.