"then we must find a way to appease him." sir leon suggested as isabella shook her head slowly.

"i don't believe that will work." she said honestly, "and the king would never do that. he wouldn't bow to the enemy."

"forgive me, your grace. however we are outnumbered two to one." gains spoke up calmly as arthur sighed and walked over.

"what concessions will cenred insist on? what territories will he demand?" arthur asked hastily.

"we do not have to give him anything, but it could buy us valuable time." gaius said thoughtfully.

"it shows weakness, gaius!" arthur exclaimed, shaking his head and sitting on the throne. "there is only one course of action open to us...we must prepare the city for siege." he called out.

"are you sure that is wise?" sir leon asked with wide eyes as even isabella looked at arthur worriedly, hesitancy showing in her eyes.

"the castle is our strongest weapon. no army has ever taken camelot." arthur ignored the knight's protests.

"but what about the people in the outlying villages, arthur?" isabella said what they were all thinking as arthur didn't make eye contact with anyone.

"give them refuge within the city walls."

"and what of their houses? the their livelihood? cenred will destroy everything in his path. we cannot take their homes away from them." sir leon added.

"but they will their lives. surely that is more important?...go. ready the army." arthur ordered the knights as isabella shook her head slowly, resting her hand over her chin and mouth in slight worry.

everyone left the throne room as isabella glanced at arthur. "do you think i am in the wrong?" he asked her.

"i'm unsure." she said honestly, "i don't think camelot will be able to take twenty thousand men. however it was very brave of you to take charge."

he smiled down at her as she returned it, taking hold of his hand. "i know it is wrong to talk about the king like this...but do you think it is time?"

she understood immediately, and shook her head. "no. i do believe your father will survive this. it is not our time yet."

he let out a small sigh of relief. "i must prepare for battle." he announced as she nodded slowly.

IT WAS now just moments until cenred's army approached them. isabella was stood with merlin and arthur looking over the kingdom, which was full of his men. waiting.

she slowly reached to hold arthur's hand, her eyes widening in fear. she looked at merlin who subtly nodded, showing he had some sort of plan.

isabella, arthur and the knights stood together as arthur began his speech, and then finished it by raising his sword in the air. "for the love of camelot!"

"for the love of camelot!" they all echoed.

for some reason isabella was still in her dress, sword in hand rather than wearing armour. cenred's army came running towards the gates, and the began begun.