twenty two

a lot of clean up work had been done since the ball.

my father's health has been getting better, and he's backed off from trying to make decisions for me, finally.

there hasn't been much activity caused by the Dark Ones recently which has been a bit of relief for everyone.

today is a big day as today is the trainee's initiation ceremony. a lot of the trainees left were unfortunately killed at the winter ball narrowing the pool down to seven candidates.

this made it easier to pick one person to eliminate from joining the royal guard.

i was currently in my room with wendy, mina and joy to help prepare me for the ceremony.

it was going to be held in the castle's courtyard and broadcasted for the whole kingdom to watch.

"are you excited for the ceremony miss?" mina inquires.

i nod my head. not only did i get to help choose which trainees would be able to join the royal guard and become my personal body guards, i was proud of them. 

i got to know these boys and watch them every step of the way.

everything that was going to happen later today, they deserved whole heartedly. 

after some time the girls had finished my outfit and hair.

i watched as they left the room and ni-ki was standing in the doorway ready to escort me.

"you finally ready to meet the three boys who will assist you in being my personal bodyguard?" i say as a nudge ni-ki with my elbow

"yes! aw man, it's been so long that i've had to serve your ass by myself. finally i get some help!"

"you better take that back young man!" i say as i send some cubes of ice flying towards his head, which he unfortunately dodges.

i laugh and take his arm as we make our way to the courtyard.

.

.

.

upon my arrival i see that everyone is basically in their respective places.

i can see that my father has already taken his spot on his throne ready for the initiation.

"hello father, how are you?"

"splendid! just splendid!" he replies with a grin on his face. "the weather is fantastic, and this is a happy event, i wouldn't wish to be anywhere else."

and with that the trumpets sound, announcing that the ceremony has begun.

"ladies and gentlemen! today i present to you the initiates that will be joining the Royal Guard from this day onwards!"

everyone that had attended the initiation ceremony in person bursts into applause.

i watch as the six new initiates (heeseung, jake, jay, jungwon, sunghoon and sunoo) make their way down the aisle up to where my father and i are sitting.

i can see that they all look very anxious to be knighted, and they all look dashing.

decked out in black suits, all of them are wearing the medals that they had been rewarded over the course of the training period. i notice that heeseung has significantly more medals than the others.

of course he does, what did i expect.

one by one, the announcer calls out their names. the boys make their ways to the stage, are knighted with the crown jewel sword, and have their official positions announced.

"jay park!"

i watch jay approach the stage with a proud smile on his face.

i make eye contact with him and give him my biggest smile as i watch my father officially knight him.

"position: princess seoyeon's personal body guard."

jay turns to look at me with his eyes wide. i give him a small smile before hugging him and congratulating him.

jake, my second new personal body guard, had a similar reaction when his position was announced.

he looked happy and grateful, it was as if all his wishes had come true.

and then finally...

"lee heeseung!"

i watch as the man that i love approaches the stage. i watch as he is officially knighted and then turns towards the crowd as his position is announced.

"position: princess seoyeon's personal body guard and head body guard!"

.

.

.