three

I stomp my way up to my room to see Ni-ki waiting for me in front of the door.

"ugh, now what?!" 

"well, i brought you a change of clothes. your father and the generals want you down at the training grounds for the rest of the day. you give them the first challenge today."

i look at him with an incredulous look on my face.

this has got to be some sort of joke right?

i try getting past Ni-ki into my room but he stops me.

"seoyeon, i'm not joking around. if you don't listen to your father's orders, he's gonna have me thrown in the Pit."

i roll my eyes before i grab my training clothes out of his hands and make my way into the bedroom to change.

.

.

after a few minutes, i'm ready to head down to the training grounds with Ni-ki.

(Jennie's outfit and hair is seoyeon's fit)

"damn, you look like your going into full battle mode now," Ni-ki says while trying to hold in a chuckle

"oh shut up. i'm just gonna finish this quickly."

we make our way down to the training ground to see the boys already lined up on full alert.

i scan over each of their faces before turning my attention to where the generals stood.

"Seoyeon! it's good to see you!"

"it's been a while, nice to see you too Uncle Taeyong," i say as i embrace him. 

"well then, let's get down to business," he says turning his attention to General Taehyung.

"listen up boys!" General Taehyung says.

"welcome to your first challenge. each week, we will be inviting princess seoyeon to join us to give you a challenge. these challenges will test your instinct, skill, and technique. at the end of each week, some of you will be eliminated based on your performance."

i watched as some of the boys' eyes grew wide in shock. i guess this is new news for all of us. 

"and now i'll turn it over to her Grace, princess Seoyeon."

crap.

.

.

.

.

.

crap crap crap. 

what the hell do i say!?

43 pairs of eyes are now on me and i have no idea what i'm gonna challenge them with.

i look over to Ni-ki who is giving me an encouraging smile and thumbs up.

time to be professional i guess...

"alright listen up!"

they all look shocked. sure some have never seen me before, but i think that they didn't expect the princess to have such an intimidating demeanor.

"as some of you know, our biggest threat is a group of monster that we like to call the Dark Ones. now the Dark Ones are no ordinary beings, they're superhuman beings.

my mission is to find out which of you are strong enough and brave enough to take them on, and your challenges will be based off of what i think is most crucial for you to know.

your first challenge is simple..."

i watch as they all hold their breath with anticipation. the feeling of having this much of an impact, this much influence over people, is...

well, it's nice.

"your first challenge is to duel me....

and win."