eight

Heeseung POV

seoyeon was immediately on alert, aware of her surroundings.

"princess, is everything alright?"

"shh, stay alert. we got company."

out of the corner of my eye i saw something like a dark shadow slowly move towards us.

i took out a throwing knife and threw it with every ounce of force that i had towards the being.

i watched as the knife left my hand and hit the being straight in the chest. 

but then, the knife got sucked into the being's body, completely disappearing from sight.

"what the f-"

"heeseung watch out!"

i turn around to see another one of those beings jump straight at me, but before i could run or move out the way, i watched as its body became engulfed in flames.

princess seoyeon had surrounded it in flames, and it was slowly burning alive. 

then she took a very pretty rose gold knife out of her boots and threw it at the creature's heart, causing it to slowly melt into a black, boiling puddle.

i turned back around and attempted to battle the other creature that had managed its way to sneak into the gardens.

it was probably 12 feet tall, and it was incredibly strong.

i swung my sword back and forth, but only managed to cause some minor damage.

then i watched as its claw swiped down onto me, and i felt blood dripping down the side of my face.

"heeseung!"

i tried so hard to stay conscious, but the creature had someone managed to drain all my energy with one hit.

the last thing i saw before completely blacking out was a bolt of lightning burning the creature to the ground.

.

.

.

.

.

i woke up to find myself in a hospital wing bed. 

i rubbed the back of my head, recalling the events that had taken place in the garden.

shit, seoyeon! 

i attempted to get out of bed when an enormous headache decided it would completely smack me across the face, so i had no choice but to lie down.

then i heard two voices bickering, and it sounded like they were heading my way. i decided to pretend to be sleeping.

"seoyeon how could you! you could've both gotten hurt."

"dad, we're both ok! i fought them off so it's not a problem."

"not a problem?! seoyeon are you hearing yourself?? a trainee has just been hurt extremely badly because of your carelessness. this is unacceptable!"

"dad he's fine. he's not dead he had just fallen unconscious and-"

"stop. i don't want to hear another word. starting tomorrow, i am having you attend every single training session with those boys. that is final."

i heard the door slam shut and seoyeon let out a deep breath.

i decided not to talk to her as she's probably upset with her father's decision. after a few minutes, i heard her footsteps fade and the door of the hospital wing close.