six

Heeseung POV

the moment i saw seoyeon enter the dining room, i noticed a white bandage that had been wrapped around her waist.

i became guilty knowing that i was the cause of that, and it was never my intention to hurt her that badly.

"hey, what's going on?"

i looked to my left and saw my good friend jay wrap his arm around my shoulders.

"nothing much, except for the fact that im supposed to sit next to the girl i stabbed for dinner," i said letting out a sigh.

"dude don't worry about it, that was the challenge after all."

"you were also the only person to touch her too," jake said walking by me to his seat.

"he's right, no one else even managed to do anything but suffer," jay laughed.

as everyone started taking their seats, i noticed that six chairs were missing and that six people were missing, including that hyunjin guy.

i guess the elimination has already begun.

.

.

"jake and heeseung?" 

i looked up and saw the princess standing behind her chair. 

"o-oh your majesty!" jake said immediately standing up and bowing. i did the same.

"please, no need to be so formal," seoyeon said giving us a small smile before sitting down. 

dinner was pretty awkward for the most part. our side of the table was extremely silent as no one knew how to start up a conversation with the princess around. 

"so, how has training been treating you all?" princess seoyeon said.

no one said anything for a few seconds, but then i decided to break the silence as i didn't want the awkwardness to drag on for any longer.

"it's been alright, but competition is heavy."

she turned to look at me, but i wasn't very sure what she was thinking or how she was feeling. she was just, sort of empty.

her beautiful honey eyes just stared into mine, and i got intimidated and shy. 

"haha, haha, yeah that's right," a boy across from me said, trying to ease any tension. his name is sunoo i think.

"you know your majesty, heeseung hyung is at the top of the ranks. he performs the best in everything and will probably get recruited," sunoo says.

"so i've heard."

so she knows about me? hmm.

.

.

.

.

.

the rest of dinner went pretty smoothly. we continued to make small talk with the princess, and turns out that she isn't that bad.

we managed to crack some jokes and make her laugh, and she told us stories from her childhood.

after dessert, people started to get tired.

everyone started making their way back to the dorms leaving only me, jake, jay and three other boys behind with the princess.

"you guys should call it a day," she said startling us.

"you guys had a tough day of training today, and it begins up again tomorrow, so get some rest."

"yes your majesty," the boys said in unison. i just kind of stood there and watched the scene unfold in front of me.

"heeseung."

i snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the princess. the other boys had already left to return to their dorms.

"a-ahh yes your Majesty?"

"are you alright?"

i gulped. it was just the two of us, and i didn't want to do anything stupid.

"yes, your Majesty, apologies for lingering behind the others." i said while bowing 

but before i went, i took a step closer to her and touched the bandage that had been wrapped around her waist.

i heard her gasp as she looked up at me in shock.

because we were standing so close, i noticed how much shorter she was compared to me, but only by a few inches.

"i umm," i started. "i apologize for hurting you. get some rest."

and with that i walked out of the dining hall.