New

"So what do you gotta say about the beef between you and Ddot?" The interviewer asked.

Hours before the New Year, David had been invited to an annual media event where many influential people from their region would be gathered. It might be a business event that is used to promote the attendees but nobody went for that purpose. "Getting fucked up" was a priority for all of them except for David, who came just for his boyfriend.

They hadn't seen each other for about five days and now he was being questioned about their beef "What beef?" he answered the interviewer.

"You know people be talking!" the pitch in her voice climbs up, "What the tea?" She rocks her body playfully; another older female interviewer attempts to make moves on him.

He laughs into the mic, staring right at the camera, "Don't believe errthing you see on the internet."

"Ok, DD, the people want to know, what is your type in females?" She changes the subject. But he remained quiet, trying to pull lies together, however, the interviewer didn't give him a chance. "We know you got a little thing with Alabama, she's here, is she your date tonight?"

For fucks sake.

"No, I'm here to have fun though!" David searches through the crowded area for his boyfriend. "I'ma catch ya later," he escapes from the interview, passing through the main room to head upstairs, where there is less crowd. Also, Darrian would be much easier to find from an elevated position.

And like always he quickly finds the boy as he texted him, "You dance mad goofy."

"Stfu" Darrian texted back, finding David on the second floor, he stuck his middle finger at the boy.

It was their first time seeing the other in days yet they couldn't express that properly. If the world wasn't the way it was they would run, holding and kissing the other like there was no tomorrow. However, they had to contain their urges – acting like friends to refrain from unwanted attention.

And out of nowhere a familiar voice greets, "Aye wassup, DD!" the tipsy Kiera said.

"Oh wassup Kiera!"

Sipping the alcohol in her cup, she smiles at him, "I'm good...I see life been treating you good."

"Huh?"

"You look happy, nigga!" she yells, motioning for them to move to where the music wasn't as loud. "Shorty with the spells got you cheesing like that?"

"What you mean?" David questioned, his eyes still fixed on Darrian.

"Shorty with the spell? The one who had you thinking you was gon die?!"

"Oh," he said, slightly embarrassed at his lovesick tendency. "Yeah," he answered her question.

"You lucky she like you too," her eyes drift over to Darrian but David doesn't even notice. "Ya cute," she smiles, waving at him as she walks over to her friends.

"Oh, bye!"

*Hours after random interviews, drinking, observing dances, and messy make-outs, the new year was finally minutes away. Without wasting a second Darrian ran upstairs. Grabbing his boyfriends's wrist, he directs him to the rooftop where they can view the incoming fireworks. The rooftop would not only provide them with distinct privacy but also a gorgeous view of the fireworks. "Them fireworks look mad good from here," Darrian contends.

"Bet," David smiles as the roaring noises of the countdown approached.

"5..."

Both boys share a moment of silence as they interlace their fingers.