Pain pt.2 : Uninvited Guest

"Why'd you kiss me?" He clenches his jaw, overwhelmed with frustration.

"MISS ME WITH THAT GAY SHIT!" David shouts now that the music's volume increases.

Darrian throws a punch, hitting David right on his jaw. "HOW YOU SAYING MISS ME WITH THAT GAY SHIT WHEN YOU THE ONE DOING THE GAY SHIT!" Darrian yells, making sure the other boy can hear him above the loud music.

"NAH NIGGA YOU JUST MOOK AS FUCK!" He yells back, loud enough for only Darrian to hear.

However, the other boy couldn't contain his anger as he threw another punch at David. He doesn't miss. But David isn't the type to let it go, so he punches right back. "Fuck you DD!" Darrian returns the punch.

"NAH FUCK YOU!" David yanks the other boy against the door.

"Arghh" Darrian groans, charging at him as he begins hitting David on whatever part of his body he could reach and so was David. There was no way either of them was losing; they were way too prideful to lose.

"YO THEY FIGHTING IN HERE!" Whoever opened the door calls out, immediately attracting people towards the room. However, DD and Ddot don't stop until their friends step in, holding them away from each other.

The music stopped.

They are divided into two groups. David was on the right, being held back by his friends, and Darrian was on the left, likewise being held back by his friends. Despite the noisy reactions of the party guests, their world fell silent.

And there they were, once again, facing their worst fears – silence.

Jay steps in the gap between both sides of the room. "Fuck is wrong with y'all?!"

Neither of them responds. They appeared angry on the outside, but not on the inside. One thing about DD and Ddot was that they couldn't be upset at each other, at least not for a long time.

They were simply in pain. Everything they were or could've been was now ruined.

"Fuck you, DD!" Ddot storms out, knowing if he stayed another second, he might cry. "Fuck" he mutters to himself, feeling a knot form in his throat.

He walks out into the street, "Ddot!" DD follows, hypocritically worried about him. He attempts to grab the other boy's arm but fails, he tries again – successfully – but is faced with a red eyed Darrian. "Ddot," he said, his voice so gentle. "Boys aren't allowed to like each other, niggas ain't allowed to do that," He let go of the other boy's hand. "Sorry I kissed you without your permission, bro, that's my fault."

He walks away, knowing he had ruined them.

Those were the words that made both of them shatter. The agony of being in love with the same sex was what they never thought they would have to deal with but there they were, faced with the only option of denying their feelings.

So he left.

However, Darrian couldn't hold himself back. "Boys aren't allowed to like each other," gave him the impression that David indeed had feelings for him and that gave him confidence. He was going to see it through but time was beginning to drive them apart.

A week became a month, and a month became ten months. He had no idea where they stood until he recently saw David at a party...with a girlfriend.

*******

Present

*******

After the previous night, all of Darrian's confidence shattered.

He wasn't thinking about "what ifs" this time; he was just exhausted. Weary of all the uncertainty that came with liking David, weary of feeling like the only one who truly cared, and tired of being embarrassed.

So, he came to a conclusion. He would live his life as carefree as he can and he would start right from going to the club with his friends that night.

~~~~~

Unlike David, Darrian doesn't get overwhelmed by noises. And the club's noises, crowd, music, and alcohol was perfect for him and his broken heart.

"I'm gon' take a bitch home with me tonight," One of his older friends said. "I'll be right back," he walks off following a girl to wherever they were going to have sex.

"He's not coming back," he thought to himself.

He turns around to take another shot of god-knows-what alcohol, only to realize his other friends left – either to spend the night with a girl or to get completely wasted. And there he was feeling lonelier than ever. Darrian could swear he was going to burst out crying until he felt the sudden urge to throw up.

In a blink of an eye, he ran up to the bathroom. Purging every bit of sour liquid out his mouth. "Fuck!" he groans in disgust. "Fuck!" he says again but relieved the nauseating feeling had come to an end.

He cleans up after himself, exiting the bathroom, but soon crashes into someone. "It's called excuse me, bitch," the person says in annoyance but before he could respond, he's astounded by another scene.

There was a narrow room opposite from the bathroom, where he found DD's girlfriend. Darrian steps closer to the room, carefully inspecting to confirm what he saw. And indeed he saw correctly, it was Alabama and another guy making out in the narrow room. She was cheating on David.

Darrian became angry.

He wasn't sure why that was. Perhaps he was furious that David chose someone like her over him or that David was going to be heartbroken since he thought the other boy was actually in love with her or he just needed someone to take out his anger on.

And without a single thought, he storms into the room, swinging right at the person she was with. "DDOT NO STOP!" he hears Alabama cry out. "STOP! CHASE NO STOP!" She yells again, trying to pull Chase, who was actively swinging back at Darrian.

But, Darrian wasn't losing, he threw himself against Chase cornering him on the floor as a crowd gravitated towards the scene. He punched and punched, not stopping even after Chase began bleeding.

He certainly needed someone to take out his anger on.

Nonetheless, one thing about white people is they'll always have backup. And before he knew it, Chase's friends pulled Darrian away, hitting the boy mercilessly as he had done to their friends.

"NO FUCK!" Alabama yells again but this time at her noticing of Darrian's friends arriving at the scene. There's no way they would let one of theirs go down like that.

They might have gotten back at Chase and his friends, but it was already late. Darrian's body sinks into a realm of paralysis. He collapses on the floor — a sense of peace washing over him, "Poor DD," he mumbles. "DD" he says again, finally letting himself go. 

******

Ik I should've uploaded dis chapter since last week, but it totally slipped my mind... 😕 sch's been rlly whopping my ass but i'll survive or wtv. 

To anyone who reads this, I hope you enjoyed yet another one of my delulu chapters ... I wish I edit it better and all dat but here 🫡