In a flash

"Aight aight," he texts, immediately putting on his shoes and heading to Darrian's house. He didn't care if rushing to another person's house in the middle of the night made him appear insane. He was more worried about losing Darrian.

"U welcome, lil nigga," Kiera texted.

"DDOT!" he bangs on the door, "DDOT!"

No response.

"DDOT! I KNOW YOU IN THERE!" He bangs again.

No response.

"LET'S TALK! PLEASE"

"Why you so fucking loud," Darrian pulls David in. "What if my moms was home," he said, shutting the door.

"Bro, I'm sorry."

"About being loud? Yeah you should be sorry," he feigns ignorance.

"No! About the other day," David pulls the younger boy closer.

"Oh when you said your girlfriend was bad as fuck?" he shrugs, "Ain't nothing wrong with that."

"Yeah when I said my ex-girlfriend was bad as fuck," he wraps his arm around Darrian's waist, practically hugging him, "That was weird of me... I was with you, nah I am with you and I shouldn't have said that."

"Oh," he was taken aback by David's confession. "Ok?"

"Ok?"

Darrian was insecure about his relationship with David, and that comment only heightened his anxiety. Since their very first kiss, David had always given him a hard time. David was the same person who cut him off for the past ten months, the same person who made Darrian feel like he was begging for attention, the same person who had constantly used homophobic remarks to push him away.

"Seriously, what's the appeal? Why the fuck did I ask that?"

However, there had been more than one occasion that convinced Darrian that the older boy actually had feelings for Alabama. So, he had to confirm he was mistaken or if he could learn David's type and satisfy at least a single criterion despite being a boy.

Trying to break free from David's grasp, he says, "I appreciate your efforts, David," Even though it sounded almost sarcastic, he meant every word.

"David?" DD quirks his brow, holding him tighter, "You know I like it when you call me that," he sneaks his hand under Darrian's shirt. "Say it again," now his hands slid down Darrian's backside.

"Nah move," a raspy laugh escapes Ddot's mouth. "Move, nigga" he finally breaks free from David.

"Come here I have to ask you something," David chases after the younger boy, who was now running away from him. "Get yo ass back here!"

Their childish play, in one way or the other, lands them in Ddot's bed. So David takes his chance and lays himself flat on Ddot, making sure he is right between his thighs. "A whole missionary position right there," David smiles proudly.

"Nah nigga fuck do you want?"

"You."

"Hmm?" Darrian hummed.

The older boy changes his expression into a serious one — a passionate one. He stares into Ddot's eyes, allowing all his uncertainties to wash past him as he sternly proposes, "Be my boyfriend."

"That's how you gon ask me?"

DD climbs off the bed, tying his curly hair to the back. "Darrian Jimenez," he knelt in front of Darrian, who was now sitting upright. "Would you please be my boyfriend?!"