- Chapter 38 -

Before he knows it, they are already halfway through the first season, and the sun is now setting. It casts an orange glow through his window, warming up the floor under it. Kacchan has only looked away from the screen to scream at Izuku or the characters, much to his amusement. 

Under the sounds of one of All Might's epic battles against his arch nemesis, Izuku hears the front door open from downstairs. 

"Izuku! I'm home!" 

Kacchan looks away from the T.V to look at the closed bedroom door. Izuku is already getting up to go downstairs. His mom never gets home this early... He opens the door and calls down. 

"Welcome home mom!" 

He leaves it slightly open, to find Kacchans attention already back on the battle. He is muttering swear words every time the bad guy gets an upper hand, then is struck silent when All Might finds a way to overcome the oppositions attacks. 

Izuku hasn't thought of introducing Kacchan to his mom, he didn't even know he would have to. Would that even be a good idea? 

"Kacchan, you have to go hi-" 

The door is pushed open slightly, and his mom pokes her head in, her green eyes falling to Izuku, 

"Honey, I brought ingredients for-!" 

and then the boy sitting on his bed. 

"Oh! Who is this?" 

Kacchan glances over at her, before his eyes widen slightly. He almost seems shocked to see her there, though Izuku knows that can't possibly be the case. Before he can think more on it though, the look of surprise is gone, replaced by his normal scowl.

 Izuku gives his mom a smile that he hopes doesn't come off as nervous. 

"U-Um, mom, this is Kac- Katsuki Bakugou! He just started at our school!" 

Inko looks at Katsuki, her brows furrowed slightly, thinking of something Izuku can't guess. But a smile graces her features, and she clasps her hands together. 

"Well, it's nice to meet you Bakugou! I'm so glad you and my little Izuku are becoming such good friends!"

Kacchan reaches for the controller and finally pauses the show. He looks the women and nods, unusually quiet. 

"Thank you, auntie." 

Izuku and inko wear the same expression, wide green eyes, and big smiles. Auntie?! Izuku is more than surprised at the sudden politeness but isn't ungrateful for it. He can't even imagine what his mom would think if kacchan started swearing and yelling when first meeting her... 

The sentiment even gets a small laugh out of his mom. 

"Well, you're more than welcome to stay over for dinner, Bakugou! I'm making Izuku's favorite!" 

Izuku lights up even more, turning back to his mom. 

"Really?!" 

Inko laughs, her green eyes just as bright. 

"Yep! We have something special to celebrate tonight!" 

Izuku is confused and is about to question what it is, but the women walks off down the stairs. 

"I'll call you two down when dinner is ready!" 

Izuku leaves the door open as he turns around to Kacchan, a big grin on his face. He guesses that the blonde can see the hint of mischief in his gaze, and he glares back at him. 

"What the fuck is that look for nerd?"

Izuku grins wider. 

"Auntie? You called my mom auntie?"  

Kacchan looks away quickly, and Izuku can see his fists clenching the blanket. 

"Shut the hell up loser. It's not like it's my first time meeting her and shit." 

"Huh? What-" 

Kacchan turns the T.V on, and the fight continues. Izuku watches as All Might punches through a building, sending an after wave of force crushing the rest of the buildings in front of it. 

"Ah! Kacchan! You know that this scene is actually completely new to the show?! They had the actual mangaka come into the studio to write out the boards! How cool is that?! Did you see when the bad guy's mask starts to slip off?!"

"Before this episode came out, there was a thousand threads online about who this could be, since this bad guy's identity has been hinted at in the backgrounds of the entire first season! It's so cool how much little details went into the first season despite it not being super popular at first, it really shows the hard work-!" 

Kacchan has been staring at him and listening the whole time, before he throws a pillow at his head, shutting him up temporarily. 

"Deku! You can tell me all this nerdy shit after the fight is over!"

Izuku grumbles and sits down next to him, silently watching again. 

                                                                                               <-> 

"Holy shit." 

"Yeah?" 

"Holy. Shit."

"Yeah?!" 

"Deku. All Might is the fucking coolest." 

Izuku stares at Kacchan and Kacchan stares back, before the two of them break. 

"Did you see that fucking punch?! I could fucking feel that shit in my bones, Deku!" 

"I know, I know!! It's so cool! And when he was unlocking his power again after having it taken away?! I got such chills; it never gets old even after watching it sixty times!" 

"When he cut that bastard mask face off when he was monologuing?! Fucking badass, All might is so cool!" 

"He's the best!" 

It's the pause that makes Izuku realize how close they actually are. Izuku is gripping Kacchans arm, and the others side is pressed against his own. Their faces are so close... Izuku's face turns red and Kacchan seems to notice too, because he shoves him away roughly. 

Before Izuku falls off of the bed, he swears that he can see pink flushing Kacchans cheeks. 

"The hell?! Get away from me!" 

Izuku lands on the floor, sitting up slowly and rubbing his head. He glares up at the blonde on the bed. 

"You're the one who was getting close to me kacchan, I should be shoving you off the bed." 

Kacchan glares down at him. 

"Hah?! Fucking try it, Deku!" 

Before Izuku can get up and do so, Inko calls from downstairs. 

"Boys! Food is ready! Come help set the table!" 

Izuku sighs and calls back. 

"Coming mom!"