- 13: I Bite At The Hand That Feeds Me -

Its grinning wide, sharp teeth gleaming. Izuku looks away from it and back to the fridge. There really isn't anything inside of it, some bagged vegetables on the top shelf, and a carton of eggs in the middle. But there is still one cold water bottle left at the bottom, so he takes it. 

The refrigerator light flickers on and off quickly for a couple of moments. He looks back at it, and it's still grinning. He sighs and shuts the refrigerator door with a soft thud before turning away from it and slowly walking the way he came. 

The sound of the house settling drifts to his ears as he begins walking up the steps again. The cold-water bottle makes him wake up more, and he gets to the second floor safely. He enters his room, the creature already back to its corner. 

The grin is off of its face now, back to its blank slate. 

"Do you have to follow me everywhere I go?" 

He sits on his bed and chugs some of the water, the liquid cooling his insides. 

"No, but I like watching your dumbass bump into shit like an idiot." 

Izuku puts the bottle on his bedside table before going back under his covers, resting his head down on his pillows. Sleep comes back to him the second he does, fatigue now present thanks to his lack of fear at the moment. 

"Glad me being unable to see in the dark is amusing to you." 

He yawns, closing his eyes, already falling asleep again. Tomorrow, he'll sort out how he's going to repay the creature. No other words are said, and he drifts off into a dreamless sleep. 

He wakes up to the sound of his alarm just like any other school day. The creature is gone from the corner of his room, though he doesn't really focus on that, busy getting ready for class. He doesn't like sleeping in the dorms unless he has to, so he takes the extra time to walk to school.

He only sees a glimpse of the creature once, when brushing his teeth. He thought he saw it standing in the bathtub in the reflection, but when he actually turned around, it was nowhere to be seen. He goes downstairs, and his mom is in the kitchen, making eggs on the stove. 

She smiles brightly when she sees him.

"Good morning Izuku! Did you sleep well?" 

He smiles back at her and kisses the top of her head. 

"I slept okay Mom. You?" 

She ruffles his hair and looks back at her eggs. 

"I slept alright. I had this strange dream though..." 

Izuku stiffens slightly, though he assures himself it's probably nothing. 

"About what?" 

Inko laughs, looking back at him. 

"Nothing serious! I dreamed I was wandering around the house and a tall, shadow man was following me. I used to have dreams like that all the time after you were born, Izu, so it was a little surprising to have them again so suddenly..."