Chapter 57: Just Playing With Fire

Start from the beginning

"Okay, alright. I get it. Sorry for all the trouble I caused." A disconcerted Nanon nodded and became silent for a minute, trying to digest all that information. It was heart-wrenching not being able to voice all his troubles at once and let Aof know exactly what was going on. "If it's possible, I'd like to apologize to this ranger I punched before we wrap up the shooting and go back to Bangkok."

"Yeah, sure. That already sounds like the well-behaved Non I know." Aof walked up to him and patted his shoulder.

"My characters have been playing me too hard. I guess it's time I try to put Nanon Korapat in the saddle again." The singer confessed.

"I support this idea." Aof seemed animated suddenly. "Look, I was planning on giving everyone a break this evening. A little celebration of life. We all survived nature's wrath yesterday, and I think it would be nice to have this get-together with the whole filming crew. What do you say?"

"I'm not sure if Ohm is in any condition-"

"When I stopped by earlier, his fever was gone. And by the looks of it, he can already stand on his two feet." Aof cocked his head to the side and pointed to the tattered window a few meters behind them. Ohm was staring at them through it. As soon as Nanon glanced at the window, the older actor disappeared into the shack swiftly, and the singer huffed.

"I don't think he feels like socializing at the moment. Plus, I don't think he has fully recovered-"

"Just now you two were shouting at each other. I guess both your energies are back." Aof stated, giving the actor a knowing look.

"You heard us?" A wide-eyed Nanon eyed the director with clear apprehension.

"The shouting? Yeah. The content, or topic being furiously debated, no."

Nanon swallowed as relief washed over him.

After the brief heart-to-heart, Aof brought him to watch some of the EarthxMix scenes that were being filmed. The singer had fun watching his seniors screw up their lines now and then and get embarrassed in front of the crew when they had to get too close. Nanon couldn't help smirking all the time. He felt kinda privileged for being the only one in there aware of what those Phis were up behind the scenes.

During lunch, Ohm didn't show up to eat with everybody. Nanon got a little worried, but Earth assured him that someone of the crew had already checked on him and brought him some food. Apparently, Ohm was fully healthy again, but he took advantage of that day off to rest a little more. The singer respected his space and just kept his distance.

In the evening, when Nanon was re-reading the script of The Jungle while sitting with his back against a tree, someone approached him.

"Wow, workaholic much?" A guy from the filming crew approached the singer with a friendly smile on his face.

"Oh, hi. I'm just trying not to forget who I am supposed to be when I go back to the filming set in Bangkok. I cannot lose contact with the twins yet." Nanon said casually and tried to remember the man's name. He had heard a few cameramen call the guy by his name a couple of times, but he was unable to remember the names of everyone involved in the production of that series.

"Need more light?" The young man said as he offered the singer a lantern.

"Oh, thank you very much. But I think I should call it a day and go to bed." Nanon replied, folfing the paper in his hand.

"Nonsense. It's still early, and some of us have already gathered at the waterfall. You've gotta come. We even have an acoustic guitar available. Everyone would love to hear you sing and-"

"Sorry, buddy. Maybe some other day. But thanks for the invitation." Nanon stood up and was about to walk away when the young man spoke again.

"That ranger you punched, he's my uncle. P'Aof told me you wanted to have a word with him?"