Chapter 32: Just a Step Back

The next day Ohm woke up to the sound of his cell phone alarm. He immediately panicked when he realized Nanon's head wasn't resting on his chest and he was alone on the bed. He sat up and as his eyes quickly examined the room. His boyfriend's suitcase, book and headphones were still next to the door but there was no sign of the singer in the room.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Nanon's voice interrupted his sudden moment of panic. "P'Arm and the others have just landed. They'll meet us at the FM location. It turns out we'll be part of a mini special of ArmShare in Korea. According to P'Kwang, we have to promote the Laneige brand before we get on stage. By the way, Chimon texted me earlier, and we're planning to hang out this evening after we're done with our schedules."

"Oh, okay." Ohm nodded and swiftly examined his boyfriend's features. Nanon was there, in front of him, fresh from the shower, and wearing comfortable clothes. Thankfully, he looked well and rested.

"What are you looking at?" Nanon blushed a little and waved both his hands in front of his face. "Come on, get up. Are you sleeping awake? We have a job to do, remember? You have 30 minutes to get ready. Our van will be leaving soon."

"How did you sleep?" Ohm couldn't help asking.

"If I had any nightmares, I honestly don't remember them. It's been a while since I slept like a log. I guess tiredness caught up to me." Nanon commented casually and gave him a tiny smile. Even some of his dimples were shown. A relieved Ohm smiled back, but he was anxious to know if his boyfriend had changed his mind about their relationship after having a good night's sleep.

"Non, I'm sorry for listening to your conversation with Chimon yesterday, I swear it won't happen again." He started, as he got up from the bed and stood in front of the singer, who simply frowned at him.

"I thought it was Chimon's idea."

"Yeah, it was. But, I went along with it. I am aware that it was a shitty thing to do-"

"I would never tell you face to face anyway. At least you understand now why we need some time apart." Nanon's smile faded away pretty quickly. A serious expression took over his face as he looked deep into his lover's eyes. Ohm's heart almost gave in.

"Non, I just wanted to know what was troubling you. And now that I do, we can work through this together. It's no reason for us to end what we have, please-"

"Ohm, you have 18 minutes now. We don't wanna be late for this Fan meeting. So, let's postpone the drama. Time to get ready Pawat." Nanon cut him off as he glanced at his watch.

"Nanon." Ohm came closer to him and held both sides of the singer's face with his hands. "You asked me if I would ever be capable of letting you go. You remember my answer to that question, right?"

"Never." Nanon whispered, and allowed Ohm's proximity for a few seconds before grabbing both of his wrists and removing his hands from his cheeks.

"Exactly." Ohm eyed him expectantly, even when the singer let go of his wrists.

"We can discuss this issue after our Fan Meeting, can't we? That's what we agreed on." Nanon sighed and crossed his arms.

"Oh, really? That means that as soon as we say goodbye to our fans and friends you'll declare us officially single or something?" Ohm shook his head in consternation. "You know what? It seems to me now that you've made up your mind since last night. Do I actually have a say in this?" He asked in a hurt tone.

"You have 17 minutes. I'll wait for you at the lobby." Nanon said bluntly and walked out of the room leaving a shocked Ohm behind.

The older actor deliberated for a moment if he should let Nanon have the last word. He gritted his teeth, buried his fingers in his palms, took a deep breath, and decided to go after the singer. It didn't matter if he was wearing pyjamas, or that he was probably going to make a scene in front of a lot of Koreans at the lobby of the hotel. He thought he had to stop Nanon from leaving him before it was too late.