Chapter 48

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted once the girls made their way inside the main building, slightly shivering from the cold outside with Kirishima following behind as an escort.

"W-what is all this?" Uraraka beamed, immediately being bombarded by hugs.

"It's your birthday girl!" Hagakure excitedly said.

"Happy Birthday." Todoroki gave her a small smile walking up to her while she gave him a warm hug and doing the same to Deku and Iida.

"Thank you guys, this honestly means so much." She gave them all a grateful smile, her eyes sparkling as she looked around at all the ballons and streamers lining the small section they had apparently reserved for this occasion.

"Don't thank us. It was all Hawks and Bakugos idea." Shinso said nodding towards the pro who was talking Mr. Aizawa's ear off along with Present Mic.

"Oh? Well, where is he?" Uraraka scanned the tables to see some of her friends already filling their plates with the buffet display while Jirou started to lowly play her guitar with Kaminari.

"You mean Kacchan?" Deku finished swallowing down his food before answering. "I think he's in the kitchen- but I wouldn't go in there!" he quickly added when he saw her headed that way.

"I thought Bakugo specifically said to keep her busy and away from the kitchen." Todoroki slowly blinked back at Deku who nervously continued chewing his food.

"We'll that was the plan, right Midoriya?" Shinso chuckled slapping the green haired boy on the back who just regretfully put his head down.

Cautiously pushing the swinging door open since she wasn't sure she was even allowed back here; she was relieved to see no one there except a silent Bakugo who was furrowing his brows in concentration and leaning down to examine something she couldn't quite make out with a rather large white box in the way.

Unable to keep the small smile grazing her lips, she shyly closed the door behind her. "Whatcha doing in here?"

Whipping his head in her direction, she heard him curse under his breath when he accidentally banged his head against one of the above cabinets and made sure to block her view. "What are you doing back here? You should be out there with the others." He frustratingly rubbed his head, mentally punching all those morons who didn't apparently understand the concept of keeping her out of the damn kitchen.

"Answering a question with a question is so unlike you..." She mused out loud placing her hands behind her back and pivoting sideways to see what he was hiding.

Pivoting the same way, Bakugo gave her an annoyed look when he saw her take a step to her left then right again making him continue to try and block her. "Ochaco!"

"What don't you want me to see?" she playfully pouted, turning to leave but managed to duck under his arm and come to a complete stop when she saw what was sitting on top of the counter.

Nervously rubbing his head Bakugo exhaled loudly. "I just barely managed to finish it."

Staring at the beautiful, decorated cake on the counter she felt her mouth part. "This is beautiful..."

Scoffing, he walked closer to inspecting a section of it that from the look of it, wasn't up to par. "Yeah, well it was a pain in the ass to bring all the way up here without those dumbasses trying to sneak a taste."

Smiling to herself and placing a lock of hair behind her ear she nodded. "Thanks Katsuki."

Watching her from the corner of his eye he gave a slight nod before he refocused his gaze on this invisible imperfection she couldn't see, and frowned when he didn't say anything else.