Chapter 15

"Just breath in, breath out..." Uraraka repeatedly told herself trying to calm her racing nerves for what felt like the hundredth time. She could do this. She had to do this. She would give it her all. She would finally be able to show how much she's improved. But the moment when they announced their next matches...her jaw dropped.

She was shocked to see her name next to Bakugos.

Was she nervous? Definitely, but at the same time she couldn't keep that determined and eager smile from her face.

As she stepped out of the waiting room she was greeted by both Iida and Deku waiting for her.

"You ready for this Uraraka?"

"You bet I am Deku." she said punching her fists in the air and scrunching her nose.

"You seem awfully happy about this." Iida grinned.

"I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been waiting for this moment since first year..." she sheepishly rubbed the back of her head.

"Just try and be carefully ok." Deku said with a worried expression. How she managed to still put a smile on her face knowing she had to fight Bakugo... and not only that but even though he didn't know the full details of what had or was going on between both of his friends, he knew it wasn't going to be easy.

"I will, don't worry about me." She smiled gesturing for them to go on back to watch the fight which they did.

"Hey Todoroki, you coming?" Deku asked over his shoulder as they continued walking.

"Huh?" Turning her head, she saw the stoic boy leaning against the wall with one leg propped up and hands in his pockets.

Pushing off and walking passed her She could see he wanted to say something when he briefly stopped behind her. "Hey look if there's something I've done-" She started but was unable to finish her sentence as he continued on his way without glancing back. "Wait. Todoroki!"

Momentarily closing her eyes, she desperately tried to think about what she could have done to make him so upset but at the same time she felt her frustration with one of her close friends continue to build into anger.

This wasn't like him. Sure, Todoroki wasn't the type to just open up to anyone. But after they all got closer during their first year and Deku helped him, she really thought that during those weeks before this school year started that they'd gotten closer too and really hoped they could continue their friendship. 'Maybe he's still upset about what happened earlier since he hasn't really spoken to me since...'

Shaking her head, she took a deep breath clutching her chest before exiting the hall and taking the steps up to come face to face with a waiting Bakugo who had his crimson eyes glued to her. 'But I can't focus on that right now...I have a match to win.'

"AND HERE WE ARE FOLKS! THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE THEY WERE LITTLE BABIES IN THEIR FIRST YEAR AND LOOK HOW MUCH THEY'VE GROWN! SO, LET'S GET READY FOR THEIR FINAL REMATCH WHAT DO YA SAY?!"

Hearing the shouts from all the roaring audience Uraraka tried to calm her breathing, keeping her eyes fixated on the boy in front of her.

"You ready for this round-face? Because I've been looking forward for this rematch for a long, long time Uraraka."

"Same." She balled her fist giving her most determined look.

"No holding back." Bakugo said, getting into his battle-ready stance with a slight grin.

"Don't worry I won't go easy on you." She grinned doing the same. "Oh, and Bakugo?"

"Yeah?"

Unable to keep the sly smile from crossing her face, she made sure to keep her brown eyes on him with the same spark he recognized from their first match which started it all. "If you're gonna withdraw, do it now. Because an 'ouch' won't cut it."