𝟎𝟏 ✩ moving in

ミ★✫彡
- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 -

𝐈 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐗.

"Rhea are you almost done packing?" My brother Rafe yelled from downstairs

"I'm Almost done!" I replied while taping the box closed

"Done!"

I grabbed the box and ran downstairs, it was kind of heavy but it wasn't too bad for me to carry. I saw my brother Rafe and my Mother outside loading the boxes into the U-haul truck.

"Give me the boxes Rhea." my mother told

I handed my mother the boxes one by one as she loaded them in, my brother Rafe wasn't helping at all, he was already in the car playing on his switch.

"Okay, go get in the car while I go talk to the driver."

I did what I was told, I got in the passenger seat, buckled my seatbelt, and waited.

"No, no!" my brother shouted

"Are you okay?" I turned to him

"I just died in Mario Kart, I'm not okay."

"You know you could've helped us load the boxes in, you're 15 years old now, not eight Rafe."

"I wished I cared Rhea." he nonchalantly replied

I scoffed and turned back around in my seat with my arms crossed.

"Okay, are y'all ready?" my mother got in the car buckling her seatbelt with a smile on her face."

"No, because dad isn't here." Rafe blurted

"What?" Mom turned to look at him

"Your father is a deadbeat, he abused me for 5 years and you're worried about him? Whose son are you?"

Rafe rolled his eyes and averted his attention back to his device. I heard Mom sigh, I placed my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Mom glanced at me and smiled, "Okay what are we waiting for?" she laughed softy

As mom drove, the driver in the U-haul truck followed, we were already on our way to Virginia.

✽❧✽❧

"We're here, Rhea wake up." I felt a push on my shoulder

I opened my eyes slowly, we were here, in Virginia, My mom was still driving on the street following the Google Maps.

Lots of couples, and people walking their dogs on the sidewalks, people laying and playing in the green grass. The sun shining through the car window illuminating up my melanin skin.

I felt good about this new change, this new environment.

My brother was sleeping in the back of the car with his mouth open and slob drooling. "Ew," I said to myself