Chapter 35: Just Longing

Start from the beginning

"Guess what?!" Ohm returned to where an obedient, soaked Nanon waited for him. The singer wondered why the older looked so delighted.

"What?"

"Some careless janitor locked us up in here. And that means, this locker room is all ours." Ohm said animatedly, as he quickly took off his jersey and threw it on the ground. Nanon frowned.

"How come?"

"Go see for yourself. There's no way anyone can get in or out of here without a key." Ohm replied, as he reached for the singer's hand, but a suspicious Nanon brushed his fingers away, and went to check the door. As soon as he confirmed what the older had announced, he exhaled.

"Did you plan this? Be honest with me." Nanon turned around to face a confused Ohm.

"Excuse me?"

"Did you pay the janitor, or anyone, to lock us up here? What are you playing at Pawat?!" The singer sounded quite upset now. The older actor was astonished by the accusation.

"Wait! No! Why would I do something like that? That's ridiculous and you know it!" Ohm immediately defended himself, disappointed by the sudden hostile look in Nanon's eyes.

"I'm not kidding, Ohm."

"I don't know where you got such ludicrous idea, but you'd better stop right there." The older crossed his arms, and eyed him seriously. "There's no reason for me to do that."

"Really? I'm actually flattered by the fact that you went all this trouble just to get me alone." A vexed Nanon glared at the older.

"Nanon!" An outraged Ohm eyed him in disbelief and walked towards the singer, but the latter stepped way, dodging that proximity. Ohm couldn't conceive what was happening there. But he remained still, and didn't try to close the distance between them.

"How convenient! You follow me all the way here, wait for everyone to leave, and signal some son of a bitch to help you out. Are you that desperate to fuck me?" The singer spat. And Ohm, who was gradually losing his patience, decided to remind him of a few facts.

"If I wanted to fuck you Nanon, I wouldn't have to lock you up in a goddamn locker room! If I wanted to fuck you, I would've done it in Seoul, and many times more after that trip! You mentioned the word 'break' first, but I was the one who truly took it seriously. I was the one who left you in that hotel room when you begged me to change your mind. I didn't try to fuck you in any circumstance because I respected your need for space, more than you did. I avoided you for more than a month, even though it crushed my heart! I knew the therapy could help, and a bit of distance could be healthy for us. You needed to get your head straight, and so did I! If you think I planned to force you to stay here with me and do something you're not willing to do, you're mistaking me for someone else." Ohm's speech silenced all Nanon's suspicions. And also made the singer realize that he had made a huge mistake there. He sighed in frustration and walked up to the older, just to reach for the hand he had brushed away minutes ago.

"Ohm, listen, I'm so-"

Nonnie barged into the room suddenly, interrupting her brother's disconcerted apology. The couple was so focused on their argument that they didn't even hear the key turning in the lock and the door opening. Nanon quickly backed away from Ohm again and sighed in frustration.

"Phi! I know who did it! I just saw P'Chimon and P'Perth outside, and I knew they were up to something! I forced them to give me the key-"

The girl trailed off when she noticed the state of the pair. They were both soaked. Nanon was still fully dressed but he had hickeys on his neck. Ohm was shirtless, and clearly mad.