iv. awkwardness

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

── awkwardness

          𝕹o one bothered Aurora as she changed. She had hidden in a stall, pulling her own crop top off and yanking the orange shirt on. Despite everything, it was soft and it smelled clean and for a brief moment, Aurora wondered if it had belonged to someone else or whether she was the first person to have it.

Exiting and returning to Eleven, Aurora was relieved to see that all of her stuff was still in one place, making sure that she had everything and that her laptop was with her. She couldn't leave that behind, too worried about losing the music that she had saved on their. That would be catastrophic.

Looking around, Aurora's eyebrows furrowed at the lack of a plug. That wouldn't do. Of course she knew that demigods and electronics didn't mix, but surely electronics inside of a protected demigod camp wouldn't attract monsters? Wasn't that the point of the borders and boundaries, to keep them safe and all.

Someone cleared their throat behind her and Aurora froze, twisting to look over her shoulder slightly. 

She didn't know what she was expecting, someone small perhaps, but instead her eyes met sandy coloured cargo trousers and vans. She followed the legs up until her eyes were assaulted by the orange camp t-shirt, before looking up to meet the eyes of the boy who was standing over her. There was a necklace around his neck with a couple of different coloured beads and a nasty scar that still looked red down the right side of his face. He had dark curls atop his head and warm eyes.

"Hi." Aurora waited for him to say something else, blinking slowly as she watched him through her eyelashes. He seemed to struggle to form words for a moment. "You're Aurora Trueman, right?"

Aurora just nodded her head slowly.

"Hi, I'm Luke." He grinned, a smile forming on his face as he held out his hand. Aurora's eyes traced along his arm and down to the hand extended towards her, before raising her own to shake his. "I'm your cabin councillor."

Aurora nodded again as Luke grinned properly. 

"Nice to meet you." She muttered as Luke nodded, his curly hair ruffling slowly as Aurora stood. She was a little smaller than him, but could meet his eyes just fine.

"Well, it's a pleasure to have you in the cabin. Chiron's given you a tour, I assume."

Aurora nodded again.

"Great, and are you feeling alright? I know the whole, child of a god thing, can be super weird and con-"

"I feel fine."