xiii. returning

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

── returning

         𝕮amp was just the same as normal when Aurora returned

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

         𝕮amp was just the same as normal when Aurora returned. Or, almost the same. There were slightly fewer people, with the summer campers having left already for their school terms. Activities were still running, and Aurora was quick to ditch her bags into her cabin and then hurry off.

She had to find Luke.

She'd been gone from camp for two and a half weeks, which was one and a half weeks longer than she'd planned, but now her mother was placated and she was free once more to come back and see Luke and explain that it had all been a great misunderstanding and she had never meant to say what she had said. Then it would all be better.

"You're looking for Luke?" Aurora paused at the question, twisting on her heels to see a small, dark haired girl standing behind her, arms folded. "Aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am." Aurora's eyebrows furrowed, wondering how the small, nine year old child knew that. "You are?"

"Annabeth. I'm Luke's little sister." Something clicked in Aurora's brain as she worked out who the girl was.

"Annabeth. Nice, it's super cool to meet you!" Aurora grinned, holding her hand out for the small girl to shake. Annabeth did, shooting the older girl a half smile in response.

"I liked the puzzles that you did. They were cool."

"You can thank your big brother for that. It was his work." Aurora explained as Annabeth hummed, tilting her head a little. "Are you a child of Hermes too?"

"No, Athena."

"Oh, so you're super smart then." Annabeth blushed and hummed at being complimented, muttering something beneath her breath. "I'm jealous of that, you must be way above your level for school work and stuff?"

"I am." She muttered.

"That's super cool!" Aurora grinned as Annabeth smiled, scuffing her shoes.

"Do you want to find Luke?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to him super quick." Aurora explained as Annabeth's eyebrows furrowed. 

"I think he was down at the lake. Just past the Hermes cabin." She pointed towards it as Aurora nodded. He'd be easy enough to find in the woods because of those god awful orange shirts, so this would be quick.

"Alright. Thanks Annabeth! Look forward to chatting more, you can tell me all about your work and what would have made those puzzles harder, huh?" Annabeth grinned and nodded at that, before the small child disappeared to do gods knows what and Aurora turned back towards the cabins.

Dodging down past the Hermes cabin, Aurora looked for the path to the lake, hurrying to go and find Luke.

"Aurora!" Two arms wrapped around her shoulders, spinning her on her heels and twisting her back around as she yelped. There were only two people that Aurora knew would dare do this to her.

Northern Lights ↦ L. Castellanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें