Chapter 14

Sophie breathed heavily as she stood in the roof of the hotel looking out at the station in the distance she closed her eyes feeling the breeze on her face sooth her. She jumped as the door slammed open to the roof and Lucy came out in her sport bra and shorts 'I woke up and you weren't there' she said looking at her 'Sorry I just needed to clear my head' she said looking at her putting her jacket over Lucy 'Please keep them abs hidden only I should see them' she said with a smile as they both went back to the room to get ready Sophie looked in the mirror in her tracksuit and bit her lip before walking out of the hotel room and down for breakfast. She sipped a cup off coffee picking at her food. 'Get eating' Leah said with a smile Sophie looked and nodded finishing her plate before the all got on the coach heading to Old Trafford. Sophie walked out of the tunnel holding Lucy's hand looking at her 'We got this' she said looking at her as fans started to arrive into the stadium Lucy smiled and nodded as they went back in and got changed into her warmup gear before jogging out of the tunnel doing her drills watching the stadium fill up as she walked back into the tunnel. She walked into the changing rooms and but her earphones in turning the music up to the maximum to tune everyone out as she got changed into her kit she ran a brush through her hair before wrapping her lucky bobble around into a pony and listened to the team talk from Sarina and maid her way to the tunnel breathing heavily as they walked out listening to the cheers as they walked out and sang the national anthem getting into their positions before kicking off.

The game was pretty steady both teams evenly matched until the 15th minute when Sophie was running with the ball up the pitch looking for someone to pass to and saw Beth running and put the ball just in front of her. Beth swung her foot and sent it sailing into the net. Sophie ran to her grinning and jumped on her as they started celebrating. Soon enough it was half time and they were in the changing rooms. Sophie was sat next to Lucy sipping her water leaning on her.

They soon ran out for the second half doing a mixture of defending and attacking watching the game biting her lip as Mary pulled off an excellent save they win the match 1-0.

They went round signing somethings for the fans with a smile and thanking them for coming then went to the changing rooms.