Chapter 13

Before they knew it they were at the final training session before their first match.  Sophie was running drills like she had never done before the defenders were working harder the goalkeepers were unstoppable Sophie fired shot after shot into the empty net once everyone had done in she was nervous like hell and couldn't stop. Sarina looked out of the window at her stood beside Leah 'what's going on with her' she asked her captain 'She's nervous she always does this before a big game' she said 'Shall I get Lucy to go out to her' she asked looking at her 'No get Mary to go out' she said  Leah nodded and went to her 'May we need you to tap into your motherly instincts' Leah said with a chuckle 'what's going on' she said eating a mouthful of popcorn 'Sophie's outside still she's nervous like hell 'can you talk to her' she looked at her then went to the window watching her 'let me go get my gloves' she said as she went to get them and went outside shrugging off her jacket pulling her cloves on 'What's  the matter' she said looking at her as she saved one of her shots  'Anxiety' she said looking at her as she fired another one into the top left corner. 'why' Mary said. Sophie looked at her 'I just want to be the best I can be' she whispered Mary went to her placing a hand on her shoulder 'Yo are the best you can be that won't change you have a heart of gold. She said looking at her 'you have Lucy Leah and Sarina worried in there' she said 'I'm fine I just wanted to see if it would help just hearing the net ripple and it did' she said with a smile 'I just want to make everyone proud' she said 'Mary looked at her 'You have already you have made Sarina proud' she said 'why would she have made you vice captain you've made man city proud and and the whole of Manchester. She said 'Now it's time to think of yourself and make yourself proud' she said as she walked with the striker into the hotel with a smile 'You can always come to me kid' she said with a smile as she took to Lucy she sat in her lap punching her coffee as Lucy stroked her hair.