Chapter 1

"The sun shines brightly, and the rooster sings three songs..."

During the autumn harvest, there is a lively double snatching. The adults are sweating profusely, and the children have no rest. They all carry small baskets and drop them on the ground. of rice grains. The children didn't work as hard as the adults. I don't know who took the lead and sang loudly that labor is the most glorious.

"Little magpie builds a new house, and little bees gather honey. Where does a happy life come from? It must be created by labor..." The

clear and crisp singing one after another brought a bit of smile to the hard-working adults, Mrs. Wang Er's sister-in-law Proudly: "My daughter sings the best, just like when I was young..."

"You can also boast about this. You don't know how to sing by yourself, but you still boast about your daughter, just like you. It's impossible for them to be good. I think my boy is better at singing."

"What's the use of a boy who can sing well?"

"It's okay if it's useless. It's just good anyway."

"I think it's just average."

"My family is better. ."

Men don't want to compare themselves to save face, but these female comrades started arguing with each other. Everyone thinks their own child sings best. Seeing that they were talking louder and louder, the captain yelled, "Hurry up and get to work. What's the point of arguing about this? Look at how much everyone has done." After

saying this, several of the women who were being scolded shrank their necks. They winked at each other, curled their lips and continued working.

The captain just said this and left. Several women murmured in a low voice: "She is the only one who can show off and do what she can do. It's her fault."

Sister-in-law Wang's meaningful smile seemed to be well-intentioned, but her tone was superior. Feeling: "Hey, don't we have men? What will we do if we don't work? Life has to go on."

Li's sister-in-law nodded in agreement and said "sympathetically": "That's true, how can a widow live? Okay. It's hard enough for a widow, and she also has three oil bottles. That's three mouths."

A group of women all looked at Tian's family, and their eyes quickly fell on a person not far away. The boy looks like a five or six-year-old boy, dark and thin, with a small head, a big head and a thin body, like a stick figure.

That's it, it's just a little carrot head.

He was also picking grains, but instead of joining the croaking children, he was carrying a small basket alone and working hard near what everyone called Tian Family.

The other children ignored him, and he did not sing with the other children.

Sister-in-law Chen San curled her lips in disgust: "I think she's just stupid, raising a little broom star, how can

her life get better?" "Who says it's not the case? I think she deserves it! How many times have I advised her to leave it alone? She refused to listen and even kicked me out. How could she be so ignorant?" Tian Er's eyebrows were raised high, the corners of her mouth were turned down, and her tone was harsh.

"You're such a stubborn sister-in-law."

"Who's to say it's not..."

Several women muttered incessantly. Finally, one of them could no longer listen. A square-faced woman slammed the hoe in her hand on the ground, her voice cold. Said: "You are shameless. It is none of your business that my sister-in-law raises a child. Does it eat or drink from your family? Baoshan was adopted by my eldest brother. Even if my eldest brother is gone, my sister-in-law will not I will drive him away, and people must keep their promises. What the hell are you talking about? You all talk about others behind their backs, without even looking at how many lice you have on your body!"